Sunday 13 September 2009

items #4 and #5 off the list.

Friday CG email:

Me
k. tell me how to go again, cuz i forgot d. ^_^

Desmond
Take the UM bus :)

Me
i throw the UM bus at you. -_-

Desmond
You can lift a bus but can't get down the road to Peter's place :) A useful set of skills there...


PJGH, Sunday:

Desmond
Eh how come didn't go for CG?


des acquired some skills while i was away in malacca.
cepatnya lari. ish.


...I so could've said: "You lah. Insult me. I tersinggung."

But neh, I chose to be nice and said, "Study."

Ahaha.

Yeah, item #8 is Family Law test on Tuesday. I'm usually okay with tests, but this test involves an insane lecturer, hence the stress. aih.

I chose to skip CG because I decided the other one would be more worthwhile. In the long run, that is. Yeah, I know the other one takes up more time. The other one being SAGC's Chinese Youth Detectives. nama cun sangat. haha. As lousy as I am in making calculations, I am still capable enough to know that I spend 11 hours there every time I go.

Public: Wait. What are you doing in a Chinese ministry?

Ah, good question. The first time I went (last week), I was wondering the same thing also.

Ya, ya, I can read, write and speak in Mandarin, but I can hardly think in Mandarin. And how to read, write and speak without thinking? Aish.

I feel more comfortable in the Mandarin-speaking circle than in the English one. Odd.

11 hours.

If our youth in Malacca spent 11 hours in church, we'd be persecuted.

Anyway.

Anderson talked to us about refugees. It made an impact on me, especially in light of recent events. One thing he said struck me most:

There are a lot of things and people to fight for.
Forget about the things.
Fight for the people -
the disadvantaged, the unfortunate, the poor,
the ones without justice.


I sat there wishing I could pull my Nokia-san out of my pocket.

Then he continued:

It doesn't have to do with money.
If you're a mentally-slow person in a rich family,
if your family thinks you're bad luck,
you're at a disadvantage.
If you're a loner in church,
always in a corner,
hopelessly nervous when you see people walking over,
you're at a disadvantage.
As Christians,
what are we doing about the disadvantaged?


Oi, that wasn't what he said aso.

Ya, maybe. He meant it though. Nyeh nyeh. That's what my brain heard as he said whatever he said anyway.

Yet again, he spoke about us being pilgrims in this world. Travellers, not meant to make a permanent home here.

I listened to Dr Alistair McGregor as he spoke the same words last week.
I shared this with the Law CG last week.
I shared with Wilber and Jack about this concept of Christianity as a faith that was never meant to be in power or authority in a country because we were never meant to remain here.

People have spoken and people have asked.

Ah, Lord, what would You have me do?

I'm aware that my second year is a busy one. I'm well aware that I will, on many occasions, regret my decision to be in church for 11 hours, when I could be studying or completing assignments or having group discussions.

The question to ask is really, are those 11 hours time wasted or time invested?


apple ad or tooth decay ad?
-credit to calvin's apple-


When the music fades, all is stripped away.

-Matt Redman, Heart of Worship


I've pondered this many times over. What is left of me without my music?

Perhaps the time has come for a moment of discovery.

Perhaps.

No comments: