Sunday 19 July 2009

stupidity in even fuller glory.

19 July 2009 . Stupidity Level #5 .

this is a true testimony of a first-hand witness who was at the place of incident.

jason was on the Rapid KL bus and the bus was going through UM, when a UM guard stopped the bus, boarded it, and ordered everyone who didn't have a UM matric card to step off the bus. then he stepped off himself, and signaled the bus on, leaving the poor outsiders freezing in the cold.

public: what cold? no winter season in malaysia.

what cold? don't you already know it's the stupidity season?

beware, people who linger around UM. you may catch the Stupid Flu.

how can they do that to people? those 'outsiders' paid RM1 for their place on the bus. it wasn't like they were smuggling themselves into UM. who wants to stow into UM nowadays? right now i feel like inciting all UM students to mogok and skip all classes tomorrow. let the UM administrators sitting in their lofty cushioned-chairs see what it's like to run a car-free university without 60% of their students.

how proud do you feel now, o mighty UM?

i shall blog your reputation to its plunging death until the day you decide to cure your Stupid Flu.

5 comments:

Stefienoki said...

Cool!! When u've planned a mogok team, invite me as well.. i help u promote and ask ppl to join.. u can find mpmum to help u with ur complain... lol

Samantha Chong said...

so are you proposing that everyone that pay RM 1 can enter UM whenever they want? I thought only authorized person can enter UM for security reason.... Theft and robbery do happen...Dun u think so?

hwei said...

[Seoks] Don't think it'll happen. Haha.

[Samantha] It's true that unauthorized entries will lead to a higher frequency of offences. But as with the public's much-mistaken perception of 'most crimes in the country are committed by foreigners in the country', I believe that we UM people make the same mistake in perception. There're many offences within campus that are committed by UM students themselves. Some are committed by the authorized people we let in, like the construction workers.

Anyhoo, if only authorized people should be allowed in, I am depressed to know that I am not considered an authorized person, because I can't drive into my own university. (not to say that I don't understand the fact that we don't have enough parking spaces in uni, but for argument's sake... =D)

And if they really want to shut out unauthorized outsiders, they should disengage the entry of the Rapid KL bus altogether - because they really can't control who boards the bus - and improve the Shuttlebus service (which everyone agrees is quite a pathetic service).

Allowing only authorized people in is ideal, I agree. That's what other universities are doing, which is good. But I think UM is a little different, because it's a bypass for the public that helps make the Fed Highway a little more bearable.

I think the security guards at the respective residential colleges should be less invisible so that offences in the colleges would be less likely. Right now, I solemnly declare that I have never, in my entire year in First College, seen the college's guard. I don't even know if he exists.

But good point about the RM1. =)

Samantha Chong said...

I am not sure if you know about this. but there is a a email circulating online about your opinions on "New Car Policy in UM".
be careful of your words. As your senior,the last thing i want to see is my junior get suspended.
But if you are dragged to a disciplinary hearing, we will sure to back you up, by hook or by crook.

hwei said...

Har? My opinions? As in the stuff I wrote in my blog? Apa ni. Plagiarism to the max. Ya, my mum doesn't want me suspended also. Aha...

Thanks. I will remember that kindness for life. But I don't really want the experience. ^_^"