Friday 17 July 2009

second week of classes.

"To the poor, justice is a promise of unreality."

Dr Gan (Administrative Law), in quoting the Indian Supreme Court.


"I lost a lot of friends in the tragedy of May 13, Muslims and non-Muslims alike. And I didn't know why. But today I do. And I hope that many years from now, none of my students will ever argue or decide cases based on religion or race."

Datin Nor Aini (Family Law), in... er, don't know how she got there.


"I believe you've come across a situation where you ask yourself: 'Should I, or should I not do it?' It is at that time that the way you were brought up, your moral values, and your religious values take over. But we cannot depend on everyone being brought up the right way."

Dr Johan (Constitutional Law), in explaining why absolute power corrupts absolutely.


this is why i love what i do.

this is why i believe a lot of people hate being in this faculty.

passion is a language only the heart understands.

people often bank on the openness of the mind.

i believe that one can only survive in this faculty with both the heart and the mind.

people in the faculty of law, how often have you felt a stirring within you when you hear such words in lectures?

the urge to either want to do something or stay and do nothing.

fight or flight.

it's called adrenaline. seriously, learned that in est. see i still remember.

if you have stopped feeling the rush of adrenaline, you have stopped doing something you want, let alone love.

passion is a language only the heart understands.

another thought to ponder:

"it's only the second week of classes." or "and it's only the second week of classes."

try to see the difference.

and ya, still coughing and vomiting balls of phlegm.

2 comments:

Yin Harn said...

I'm glad to see there's at least one student who is passionate about the study of law. You'll enjoy admin and consti, I think - two subjects that make you really aware of human rights and justice. Keep it up.

hwei said...

I'm passionate about the study of law, but I'm having a little trouble updating myself on the happenings OUTSIDE the faculty. =( I think my passion is only half-baked right now. Huhu... But yup, I'll buck up. Thanks. =D