Thursday 23 July 2009

ooo. i'm circulation material.



i didn't really believe it when samantha said that my opinions (i'd call them rantings) on the other fella's policy are being circulated in an email.

until kheng fai exclaimed in pleasant surprise today: "tse hwei! your blog post is being circulated in an email!" and then he proceeded to show me the email.

aha.

how do i feel about this?

Reaction #1
*horror*

Reaction #2
*kepoh*
"Oh, what else did they write?"

Reaction #3
(When I read this at the beginning of the email: "This is taken from hwei's blog... and she is voicing out the concerns of most of the UM students over the new car policy by University of Malaya (UM)")

Only close friends and family call me hwei. But I suppose the circulators had no choice, since my profile name is only hwei. Aha.

Reaction #4
(When I read this at the end of the email: "Please pass this around... If we can have a voice, our hopes is that hwei's words will reach MPMUM... And it's also good to let the general public know what UM is up to...")


Let's see - there're 2 MPMUM members in my class, 2 more in my faculty, and another 2 in PKV. If I wanted to let MPMUM know, no need to send email. ^_^"

Reaction #5
*horror*
"Stealing canteen mak cik's sticker and all? It's all in there! Circulated around for all to see! Where's my faceeeee!" (pronounced fei-see like a true cinapek)
repeat: *horror*

Reaction #6
(When mum called and I told her about it and she said "I told you so")

*lawan tauke*
"Ceh! With or without them (the other fella) I'll be a lawyer! And then I'll sue them (the other fella)!"


yeah, it's the same feeling i got when i was in datin's criminal law tutorial today and kena tembak like mad. the question was simple and innocent. we were supposed to outline the differences between criminal law and civil law. i raised my hand and said that "criminal acts are intrinsically morally wrong". before i could finish that sentence, she repeated the last three words 5 times with a different expression each time, and then (finally) asked me what i meant.

i answered (wrongfully so) that the 'intrinsically' was not that much needed in the sentence. although i did interpret it to mean that criminal acts are wrong in and of themselves. she started yapping about who knows what. and so i added that word back in and interpreted it.

datin: "give me one example of a moral wrong."
me: "murder." (like, yoh, isn't that the first thing that comes to everyone's mind?)
datin: "murder is a universal crime. it's wrong in every country. but if you say that immoral acts are crimes, then crime differs according to the society in question. do realize that i'm already making her sound more wonderful than she really was. which country / society doesn't think of murder as a crime?"

ya. i know it was a rhetorical question. but somehow. the fear that had been in me since i knew i was in the infamous datin's class dissolved into nothingness when she started interrogating me. the dread of being made a punching bag in class turned into "ok. so it finally happened. what else can she do to me?"

and i said:

"what about cannibals?"

and she went:

"o_O CANNIBALS? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY! WHICH COUNTRY IN THE WORLD STILL HAS CANNIBALS IN THIS ERA???"

and again, that feeling dominated my senses (and here i inappropriately cite s.84 of the Penal Code and excuse myself from the liability of my criminal act by virtue of my unsoundness of mind) and i replied to yet another rhetorical question:

"papua new guinea?"

and all hell broke loose.

neh, not really. a quarter of hell broke loose.

oh, for the love of parsley. amreeta looked at me after i told her and said, "you do know you defiantly answered her when she was asking you a question to correct you, right?"

yup. that feeling. like the one you get right before you destroy a friendship in an argument. hmm.

i remember the friends i lost because i didn't back down when i should have. i don't take this feeling lightly. while i will always value and jealously guard my freedom to blog, i do realize that there are external factors that must always cause me to be careful when i exercise that freedom.

so like abang and xin li said, keep it up. but like mum and samantha said, be careful.

i still will diss the other fella if it annoys me further.

like maybe on monday, when i can't get into UM because i don't have a car sticker. hmm.

on a lighter note,

i still can't believe dr grace actually had a corner for coughers.


and tim, your work is getting sloppier. you need to serve faster.
=P

No comments: