Thursday 1 January 2009

my feet stink.

catchy title! ah haha.

and er catchy picture! -aku kakashi. *sharingan!*-


anyway, they do. the feet, i mean.

ew. forget i wrote that. the one about the feet, not the ew.

alrite, now try to forget it again.

i went for the watchnight service in pjgh today. i mean last night. which extended to today.

ANYWAY.

kinda different from mgc's. i was expecting a powerpoint of what the church did last year, and how much was spent, where the money went to, stuff like that. THEN some sharing, and a sermon.

pjgh skipped the summary part. which was sort of disappointing, but also good, at the same time. disappointing because i went because i thought it would help me understand the church better and catch up on some stuff i'd missed when i wasn't around.

good because i probably would've gotten bored. =P

i did get some meaningful stuff from the watchnight.


As I thought about 2008,
I found that there were two issues that were always on my mind.

Firstly,
Why are people created differently?
Why are some people more perfect than others?
Won't it be great if everyone had a talent?
Why did God create some people more talented than others?

Secondly,
Why does God reveal Himself to different people differently?
I have friends telling me:
"I was just praying, and I heard God speaking to me"

I've never heard God speak.

"I didn't study wan noe, but God blessed me so much. See, I got an A!"

I looked at my results...
and asked God why I wasn't blessed that way.
Why has God never revealed Himself to me?


-yu-shen-


"We are all nobodies. Christ died for us, and made us somebodies."

-yu-shen's friend who saw through his
'superbly expressionless face' to his depression-


Everyone has a story.
Tell yours.

-uncle whose name escaped me-


I meet my friends 7 times every 12 months.
That makes 60% of friendship.
Wife: "No. You must divide 7 by 365 days of the year.
That makes 1.9%! Less than 2%!"
The conclusion is:
There's woman's eyes, and man's eyes.
Also, there's God's eyes.
God sees things as they happen.


On the first day, God created light.
He went on creating plants and animals and streams.
Then He created man on the 6th day.
I read through the story of creation in Genesis, and I think:
"God created man's needs and readied them before He created man."

-same uncle-


It is only when God has dealt with us -
His forgiveness, and our repentance -
that we can move on with our lives and forge ahead.
If not, we will remain paralyzed by our past.


Everything seems to be in a state of flux,
but in an ever-changing world,
there is a still point,
a never-changing Person.


Think of your greatest fear in the year that's just around the corner.
Bring this to God,
Have faith in Him,
Follow Him,
And He will not disappoint.
No one who has followed Him
Will say that he has been short-changed by God.
Anyone who follows Him will be able to say
That God is faithful
And He can be trusted.

-Speaker: Lee Swee Seng-


on the way back to college with jason and desmond, desmond received a new year's call. shortly after, jason received one too. i rested my chin in my hands at desmond's 2nd call, and sighed.

"everyone's getting calls except me."

jason turned around and said, "that was my close friend. that's why he called me."

"my close friend didn't call me aso."

jason smiled, but ignored me. (cis, budak nie)
desmond was still receiving his call. (cis, dewasa nie)

so i came up with my own solution.

"maybe i should call my close friends."


...why didn't i think of that before?

i'm always waiting for people to do something for me. i'm a little spoiled brat.

and i was wondering why i have trouble keeping friends.

tsk.

new year, new me, new friend.

me hopes!


no pic of cheesecake, but this is better! =P

10 comments:

mau said...

u look like u just drank some liquor... hahaha... ^ ^ Happy New Year... ^ ^

cluelessfreak said...

eh photoshopped and put lipstick issit. haha

happy new year! mgcians bz watching movie last nite. hehe

hwei said...

[Mau] If I drank liquor, you won't be able to see my face d. It'll be flat on the table. Happy New Year!

[Yen] Photoshop memang ada. Kekeke. Eh but I memang looked this fair d before I photoshopped it. Actually even fairer before that. Bweh, no lipstick.

Happy New Year! Yeah, I heard it was lousier than the muruku I ate to usher in the new year. Wakiki.

Shuen said...

Wah. You spent such a memorable watchnight. I was already sleeping like a pig man. Kekeke. Besides I had 0 credit to sms anyone at all. You looked very anime-ish in that last photo wei. ^_^

Have a good year ahead! All the best to the new you.

Me-lvin said...

You look like Michael Jackson!

み莉 said...

hi, i don't know u, just so happen to bump into ur blog...

Man...that pic of u in some Street Fighter costume...you're a genius! lolx~

hwei said...

[Sis] Yeah, you piggy-wiggy. Somemore called me pig in your 1-entry journal. Tsk! =P Everyone had 0 credit except the post-paid people that night. Haha. The animes copy me. Bah.

Yep, new me!

[Melvin] No, I don't! -_-

[Tough Cookie] Yep, I'm a natural genius. =P

Me-lvin said...

Since you're good in Photoshop, i wonder if you could help me out, by "brightening" my pictures, so that, i look much more "lighter" and "fairer" than what i actually look like. . .

hwei said...

I'm not that good with Photoshop la. I hardly photoshop my pics, actually. They're always naturally good and nice-looking. *bangga*

Me-lvin said...

Hahaahaha, but then you look so white, so must be quite prolah.