Tuesday 23 December 2008

my pinky malas

so i won't be writing with proper punctuation (caps) for some time. aha.

practice has been going on, the youth are getting semangat-ed - i think - and...

i still dance like a frog.

never mind. i've accepted my shortcomings over the years. and dancing is something i've given up on since eons ago. bah-ness. let me take a moment to do some emo stuff.

T_T

ah, done.

i've been re-reading books like little women (yeah, even for book titles also my pinky malas. laziness knows no discrimination.) and 20000 leagues under the sea. books like these, including heidi, are books that don't make me feel like there's a distinction between a lawyer and a writer, or a reader and a writer. on the contrary, i feel like i can be a writer too.

why?

because these writers write from their souls. little women was penned from 35 years of real-life family experience. interesting fact: that's why she was able to finish the book very quickly.

20000 leagues under the sea was written by a guy who got severely beaten by his dad after he tried to stowaway on a ship. from that moment on, he vowed he would travel using his imagination. this same guy invented the submarine long before the idea of such a machine even existed.

heidi is basically a story that makes me want to drive back to my grandma's house and smile at her. you need to read it to know why.

oh ya.

today my aunt (lin's mum) was telling us why she would be leading the singing again for christmas (she leads every year. almost.):

because no one wanted to songlead.
Jesus was crying already.


i laughed, along with my other siblings.

she smiled, and then all she said was, "Yes, He was."

no one volunteered when someone had to die on the cross. even if someone did, no one could.

our camp verse was isaiah 6:8. it reads:

then i heard the voice of the Lord saying:
"whom shall I send? and who shall go for us?"
and i said:
"here am i. send me!"


about 2000 years ago, i was unable to volunteer. mostly because i didn't exist.

but even if i did, i dun think i would have. or could have.

me, the one who loses her temper, procrastinates, lies sometimes, and neglects family and friends.

who would want me to die for them? (i'm not so muka tebal also)

2008. i can volunteer. mostly because i exist.

but also because i will. and can.

dear Jesus, thanks for volunteering when i couldn't and wouldn't.

now, let me have my turn.

hey.

i did write some caps after all.

good 'ol pinky.


oh ya.
church got broken into again.
for the umpteenth time.
pray for the thieves.
they lose more than property.

2 comments:

Tekkaus said...

Hie! Merry Christmas! Nice write up you have. Informative and yet funny! And you are very witty too. =)

hwei said...

Blessed Christmas to you too! (though now i should say Blessed new year) Ah thanks. My lazy pinky writes better when it's being lazy.