Friday 12 December 2008

There's wifi here. Muahaha. Anyway... Seoks' Tag.

10 Random Stuff

1. Each blogger is to write ten random facts/habits about themselves.
2. Don't forget to leave them comments telling them that they've been tagged.


Musicals - I love musicals. I hated Phantom of the Opera. I felt it was an insult to the industry of musicals. Musicals should be filled with singing and songs but should, at the same time, stay sane and unridiculous. (i mean, come on, how on earth did the guy manage to sing with a rope around his neck?)

Strange Ears - Sometimes I can't hear people very well. On the other hand, I'm ultra-sensitive to other sounds. When I hear a song, it may take a few rounds of listening to the same song before I actually hear the song instead of the technical aspects of the song. I don't just listen to a voice/song/piece of music and say it's not nice. I tell you precisely what's wrong with it.

Critical - I think I'm very critical of people and things (reason explained above). I have trouble ignoring little flaws and seemingly trivial technicalities (i think most Chinese and Japanese songs are boring, unadventurous, excessively similiar, and don't require exceptional talent to execute...). But I must stress that this does not make me a disagreeable person, because I have learned to accept such flaws when they are not fundamental to a situation. However, I believe there is a fine difference between human error and sloppy imperfection.

Cartoons - I think this is my biggest scoring point with kids. I LOVE CARTOONS. Too bad there aren't enough kids around whenever I'm watching a cartoon. All I got is Ken. (ken: hey!)

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - It used to be a crippling problem for me. Among many other examples, I used to lock and unlock a door at least 4 times to make it a perfect even number, and spend 3 hours typing 5 sentences on the computer in organized point form. Over the years, I have come to terms with this problem, and realized that all it takes is excess tolerance and a highly-intended, purposeful 10-second delay between the first and second attempts to lock a door to bring this OCD under control.

Crazy Over Chocolate Milk and Apple Juice - Or anything close to that. Like Ice Milo. I WANNA DRINK CHOCOLATE MILK AND APPLE JUICE!

Messy - It would be helpful to know why the mind and the body can have such varying degrees of system and order.

Hair - Most people think I got my hair straight for vanity's sake. That's partly true. I believe hair makes a huge difference in the way a person looks. Case in point: Bald Britney v Blonde Britney OR





Long-haired Angelina Jolie v Excessively Short-haired Angelina Jolie.





But what most people don't know is my hair used to be really straight. Then my hormones had to change in Standard 5, and I got a strange head of hair that's frizzy on top and straight underneath. My frizzy hair being an incredible penebat haba, my hands and feet would sweat more than they needed to, and my whole day would be ruined because walking on wet floors did not make me very happy. My frizzy hair was also very difficult to manage. It got to the point where I didn't bother combing my hair and went for 6 months or more without a haircut, because I felt it wouldn't make a difference. People thought I was a confident person, but I say that my self-esteem was very much affected by my hair. I once told my sis I thought I was cursed for having such hair. There are many reasons for my change of hair, as contained above, but I would admit that one of them was that I did want to look nicer. Even with straight hair now, I can't do much with it, because it needs volume (hence, length) so it wouldn't frizz all over again when the new hair grows. (so all you people with naturally straight hair - please do something nice with your hair. it's terribly frustrating to us envious frizzy-haired people when you don't.)

Brain Jam - My brain jams at a certain point of thinking. E.g. middle of a riddle @ math question. Sometimes this applies to problems in the youth or assignments that need solutions. I really have to force myself to think and not be lazy.

Music - I like music. I think I'm well-justified when I say most music today = noise (e.g. most of Rihanna and Akon's songs...) I watched Adrian's ACT II (yeah, still yours. =P); despite the flaws I managed to rake out of the show, I did leave with this thought: I think I really would go out with a guy who asks me out in song. Aha. (remember my critical mind though)


Next list of victims:

Yen
Shaun
Sarah
Mau

4 comments:

mau said...

= =

Amy said...

maybe u think Chinese and Japanese songs are lack
Of variety becos u don understand
Them. Oh no
Wonder after straighten hair become so ai mei haha

Anonymous said...

well these cultures got some rally nice songs.

hwei said...

[Mau] - -

[Lin] Maybe. But even if I understand also it's the same sometimes. Haha. But I really liked Chor Yeow's songs though. Bleh, I tak ai mei. Pui pui. =P

[neuhausen] Yeah, those would be the ones that aren't included in the "most Chinese and Japanese songs" category. Ah haha.