Thursday 8 May 2008

When Satan Whispers

You know that book by Max Lucado? The one where he makes Moses an office janitor God speaks to through a mop bucket? No?

Here it is:

When God Whispers Your Name


How did it feel to hear that title?


When God Whispers Your Name


Gives you tingles right?

Wow. He whispers my name.

Even without "God" in there, the word "whisper" has always been an intriguing one. You think hush, shh, and all sorts of other such words when someone says whisper.

I was reading today. And this caught my eye:

  • I believe Satan trains battalions of demons to whisper one question in our ears: "What are people thinking of you?"
  • Max Lucado, It's Not About Me, emphasis mine

It struck me because... how many of us are aware of the spiritual battle going on around us? Sure, I've been told. I've read it in the Bible more times than I can count. I've heard sermons on it.

But how aware am I?

Imagine changing the book title a little bit. Instead of When God Whispers Your Name, let's have...

When Satan Whispers Your Name


I don't know about you, but that definitely freaks me out.

But Satan isn't satisfied with just knowing my name, is he now? He starts with my name - hwei, then adds somemore, what are people thinking of you?

And he makes that thought mine.

That's where it begins.

I can relate. Very much. Too much.

Awhile later, I turned on the computer to start on the notes at the back of the book. And I happened to think of checking Bel's blog. And this is her latest entry:

recently the Lord has opened my eyes to see how prideful i am.. it's nothing new, i've always been fully aware of my pride, even embraced it sometimes.. i mean who doesn't like the feeling of being some1 important? but throughout the years i've tried to hide it, control it, n i think it's time for me to fully surrender this weakness of mine in total abandonment to the Lord..

He has shown me just how ugly this pride has made me to become.. when we really think bout it, just imagine how disgusted God must be feeling everytime we brag bout something we think we have.. but in fact everything that we think we have, even this fragile life of ours was so graciously given by Him.. i really wonder how God can tahan us humans.. n u know wat? this blog has not helped me in this pride issue at all..

in fact it has only tempted me all the more to post up stuff to deceive ppl bout how "great" n "humble" i am.. i mean, wat's the point of blogging bout, for example, my day out wit friends watching movies (was thinking of blogging bout it) while deep inside, my motive of wanting to do so is to show every1 reading that i have plenty of friends, that i'm a person who knows how to have fun, that i'm cool.. n by doing so, i'm only feeding my pride.. it got so serious that everytime anything interesting happens, i'm alr thinking of how to blog bout it, n how this is gonna deceive ppl into thinking that i'm living a fairytale life..

when i first started blogging, i used the excuse of blogging as a means of telling old friends how i'm doing, wat i've been up to, n even as an encouragement to those reading it, in hopes of glorifying God in the events of my life.. but pride took over n i'm now writing to show off how "great" my life is..

so fellow blog readers, i apologize for all the deceit that i've been crapping in here.. ya, when we really think bout it, it's all just crap!! rubbish, isn't it? so until i've learnt to fully surrender this damaging pride of mine into His hands, i think it's best that i stop blogging for awhile.. plz pray for me ya.. i'm boldly coming out n sharing this coz i cant handle this myself, i need ur prayers.. thank u all for ur support..

Dear God...

You're doing it again.

Bel isn't the only one who needs help. I know I do. And which one of you reading this can honestly put up your hand and say otherwise?

God bless you if you've learned to do that. As Lucado said, take time to pray for us applause-holics here.

But if you haven't, please take a moment to turn away from whatever other tabs you have there on Mozilla or IE, (and MSN), and identify your pride as a problem. Then begin to ask God to help you overcome it.

Then pray for Bel and me. And don't forget yourself.

No comments: