Saturday 3 May 2008

Emo

Some people write poems in their emo-ness.

Some poems are written for others as a token of appreciation.


My friend,
Some one who is special,
Who walked into my life,
When the world turned me down,
And quietly putting back the pieces together,
To make my life whole again.

Without you, my friend,
Days wouldn't have be so cheerful,
Life will not be so meaningful,
For whatever I do,
You'll never let me down.

For you, my friend,
You are the angel sent from above,
As pure as the stars blinking above the sky,
I appreciate all you did for me,
When you picked me back up,
And said everything is going to be fine.

I love you, my friend,
Things are never the same again,
Because you are my friend.
Thank you for being my friend


(\___/)
(='_'=)
(") (") * by the guardian shadow *

- Lau Jun Yi


Poems come in all sorts of forms.


Take time to pause
It’s the time to find the cause

Take time to pause

So you will never get lost

Take time to pause

Either to mourn or to applause

Take time to pause

And bring it before The Boss

Take time to pause

No matter what it cost

Take time to pause

And get back to The Source

Take time to pause…

- Lue Jun Yi


Emo poems can be happy too!


I'm happy to be in the truth

All my life Your Word has carry me through
Your Word is like milk to a baby with one tooth
And meat for the grown-up adults too

And I will daily lift my hands
And my legs too if I can
I'll sing will all my might like a man
Cause I'm Jesus no.1 fan!

For I will always sing
Of our victorious King
Like a K.O. punch in a boxing ring
On the cross, God claimed His famous win!

- excerpt from Jun Yi's poem (APA style footnote is too complicated bweh)


But oft-times, poems find their glory in the other emotion.


This, is a poem bout, how I feel,
how I never enjoyed every meal,
As I sit and ponder at the memories we made,
Guess they are just history, which soon, will fade.

I made a promise to be my chirpy self again
The girl, forever smiling, despite the rain
Things are gonna be different from now on
and yes, I can firmly say, those times are gone.

What goes through me now, only He will know
As harsh as this may sound, I'm gonna let go
But deep inside me, lies another story
The story, written and known only by Elena Lee

- Elena's poem, in excerpts


I was emo-ing too, the other day - not yesterday (and definitely not today) - and I decided, Hey, I'll write one too. If they can do it, I can!

An extract from my own journal:

Come, since I sedang emo - try write poem.


-a few seconds pass-


Er Er....


-a few more seconds pass-


I got nothin'. ^_^"


I tried!

I really did!

True, I used to write a lot of poems (other people's poems) when I was younger, since we had the practice of circulating autograph books for everybody to write poems in.


tarzan, tarzan in the air
tarzan lost his underwear
tarzan said: "i don't care"
"jane will buy me another pair"


("No," I told myself. "Those cheesy friendship poems are not for me.")

Some of them didn't even rhyme.

roses are red
violets are blue
girls are born pretty
what happened to you?!


And sometimes, I ran out of ideas and copied somebody else's poem bulat-bulat into the book.

sheng jing bing
you mao bing
qu dao yi yuan mei you bing
hui dao jia
*edit* you mao bing *edit*

-popular poem among the Hainanese in the family-
about a guy who got penyakit,
loses the penyakit when he gets to the hospital,
and gets it again once he's home



One cannot defy nature. =(


I am a disgrace to the poetic circle. (wait, am i even in it?)


And no, I'm not going to post about what I was emo-ing about.

No comments: