Sunday 4 May 2008

Slapped On The Face

15 minutes of led worship by Uncle Rod

song 561 - Heaven Is In My Heart

Miscommunication. Uncle Rod started with verse 1 while I started with the chorus.

Worship

song 352

Didn't hear the lady (yes, a lady) request for the song cuz she was too soft (didn't even hear a squeak). Sis had to send Ken over to the piano to tell me, "Ah hwei jie jie! song 352!"

Uncle Tuck Bin's song (forgot what number)

Being the pengsan-after-seeing-a-lot-of-notes kind of pianist, I pengsan-ed after seeing a lot of notes in the song. Played something I don't even know can be termed an intro or not, and then crapped the *quavers at the start of the song.



...I didn't play for Open Worship cuz I went to the toilet to make a huge bomb for longer than it took for Uncle Rod to finish passing the bread and cup. So sis and Yen took over and played.

One funny thing is...

03/05/2008 (Saturday) - Teach me humility, Lord. Help it not to be about me.

04/05/2008 (Sunday) - I was humbled.

Another funny thing is...

I'd usually be blushing like a ripe tomato (is that the reddest?) when these things happen.

I didn't this time.

If I learned 3 things, I'd say they were #1: It's not about me, #2: God is efficient, #3: God is not out to get me.

Usually I'd blush because I'd be thinking of my own reputation, and asking a lot of "why" questions. Usually I'd be struggling to keep my pride and ego in check when playing the piano.

Today, it was much easier to focus on what should be focused on.

By the way, after worship, I asked sis who asked for song 352, and she told me who, plus added that a lot of people also didn't hear, and some only managed to flip to the song after we finished singing it twice. And when I told Uncle Tuck Bin I was sorry for messing up the song at the start of it, he said, "It's ok. We're all blur also. Blur and blur become clear d." Made me undecided as to whether I should say thank you or laugh. But it meant it was ok.

I usually let it go, as they say, when I do stuff like that. But this time I decided I should talk to people about the mistakes I made. I'm glad I found that people also realized that worship was about God, and so I didn't have to apologize to them if I made mistakes.

Many songs were according to the theme today, and many songs touched me, but I figured I'd never finish blogging if I wrote about all of them. So I've decided to just put up the video Uncle Rod showed at the end of the Open Worship.

Nick Vujicic - The Man Who Lives Without His Limbs.




Even if I get married, I can't hold my wife's hand.
I can't dance with my bride on our wedding day.
I can't put my arms around my son when he cries.

In the midst of our sufferings, the question you should ask yourself is:
Is God still worthy of my praise?

We should not compare sufferings.

The message I share with the world is:
If I can trust God in my circumstances, you can trust God in your circumstances.

3 comments:

Me-lvin said...

Amen!

cluelessfreak said...

inspring habis.once again..bah, basket full on sunday. freak!..

hwei said...

[melvin] Yeah, amen! I like the way he said, "Praise God". It sounded very natural and sincere. I shall work on my pride and ego till I can give full glory to God and say "praise God" sincerely too!

[yen] Yalor yalor (you talking about Nick right). Very inspiring also to know Uncle Rod's putting his whole heart into the led worship instead of just leading for the sake of it. =) Start filling your basket today!