Saturday 30 January 2010

i was curious.

So I took a look at that pro-Mahasiswa CD that some people had so much money to make. The official song was lousy, in all honesty, so I skipped that one 23 seconds into the video. Hey, at least I gave it 23 seconds ok. Can’t stand songs with that kind of drum beat. Makes me want to put on a school tie and yawn.

Anyway, moved on to the next interesting-looking thing.

7

 

…which is actually just a bunch of people marching around and shouting. Not recommended for those who dislike public displays of emotion.

Thankfully, I didn’t give up on the CD, and continued clicking on the other videos. Except for the one about kesenian and kepimpinan, they were all pretty good, actually.

1 

3

 

The kepimpinan one was lawak giler la. Not because of the video per se, but because of this dude up there (starting from 0:23, the above is 0:41). Those familiar with Karam Singh Walia from TV3 would understand. Aha!

Watch this video if you really want to know:

 

This one was lawak too:

2

 

This one I didn’t understand, but the biker was cool and the alim guy was good-looking.

4

 

This one was basically self-praise la.

5

 

Propaganda aside, the videos were pretty well-made. Though, I wonder where they got the money to do such things (plus put up life-size banners with every candidate’s face on campus and promotional coloured banners on every pole lining the flyover to UM). *ponders innocently*

Those of you who have the CD can go watch la. My reviews are quite accurate, I think. *ahem*

People with so much money and so much concern for the general welfare of the UM public should produce a real perpaduan movie like Gadoh or something.

Am I being cynical?

Neh.

I really think it could happen.

If they really care.

Whoops. Cynicism.

By the way, George said that I’m very cynical. A few days later, Ms. Sharon Kaur said the same thing in class.

Well.

Aha.

2 comments:

SimianD said...

Haha.. if you ask them, they will say the money comes from their members. As to just who these 'members' comprise, is left to our imagination.

Oh, and those were not life-size banners. Those were larger-than-life-size ship sails.

hwei said...

And Ben adds sarcasm to cynicism. Haha.