Thursday 2 December 2010

nscfl camp 2010 - day 2.

Morning


-picture by Kenny Chong-
 daniel busting his YSCF move. (was so lame haha!)



During his sessions, Daniel said something that made me think of my Constitutional Law lectures on freedom of religion in Malaysia. In an attempt to list provisions in the Constitution that have to do with fundamental liberties, I realized that I wasn't sure which article provided for freedom of religion. At that moment, I wished I had the Federal Constitution (FC) with me ('twas in my bag). 

I also thought:

I carry the FC around because people expect me, a law student to know it through and through. 

What about carrying the Bible around?


Why are law students ashamed when they don't know the FC the way they should? 

Because if they don't know the FC, they're lousy law students. 

Why aren't Christians ashamed when we don't know the Bible the way we should?

If we don't know the Bible, or at least try to, what kind of Christians does that make us?



Multimedia Talk

Rudi told this story:

Two young girls went to their Dad and asked him if they could watch a movie that contained just a bit of sexual elements and a bit of violence. They said they'd close their eyes and turn away and begged him to let them watch the movie. Dad told them to come back in an hour.

When they came back, he gave them a cookie each, fresh out of the oven. He said that if they'd eat the cookie, he'd let them watch the movie.

"Oh, but wait - I've gotta tell you that the cookies are mostly butter, flour, milk, eggs, and chocolate. But I added just a bit of dog poop when I baked them. But it's just a bit of dog poop. You won't even taste it."

And... guess if the girls ate the cookies. ^_^

I thought that was a timely reminder for myself - that we should never compromise on certain things, because compromise leads to more compromise, and in the end, we forget where we first started off.


Afternoon

Rachel and I were in charge of Station 5 - Numbers.

 -picture by Kenny Chong-


I felt the competitiveness in the air as the groups strategized and planned their next move for each round.

Here's what the game looks like:

 -picture by Kenny Chong-


Yup. =P


Night

"God doesn't want to be Number One in your life. He wants to be everything in your life." -Roshan-

Because being Number One can mean my life has 70% of God in it.

Being a perfectionist and die-hard worker, I don't think He's being unreasonable at all.

When you give your 100% for something, you often feel like dying, but you also know that you're living the way you were made to live. That's why you feel alive when you give your best.

Because then, you are at your best.

=)

3 comments:

saun said...

good one on the FC

If i were the girls, i'd cut the cookie in two and pray to God that He'll bless the half cookie that I take and that the one with dog poop is on the other half :P

hwei said...

-_______-

Daniel Koo Chia En said...

walao... pai seh leh the 1st picture...