Monday 28 April 2008

Wisdom. And Knowledge. Youth's Current Headache.

Oh. Ya. I read Psalm 119:97-104 a few days ago. And my eyes happened to fall upon the notes:

Intelligent or experienced people are not necessarily wise.
Wisdom comes from allowing what God teaches to guide us.

I always thought that people became wise through experience. I mean, they really do. But as the notes say, true wisdom goes beyond amassing knowledge; it is applying knowledge in a life-changing way. Come to think of it, experience is the amassing of knowledge.

That day's Quiet Time was really an encouragement to me. As I always say, I'm almost completely lacking in common sense. I don't make snap decisions, unless I really couldn't care less about that thing I'm making a decision about. Things that people can just do using their experience and common sense, I have to go about asking for tunjuk ajar from other people first.

I always think: I'll never be as good as those other people with real common sense and rationale, because I'll always be a step behind.

Psalm 119:97-104 said otherwise. It said that I can become wise if I observe His commandments, and if I sincerely look to His Word as a guide for everything that I do and say. From that day on (which was not so long ago), it's become easier to pen down my spiritual condition and changes I should make to my spiritual life.

I may still be lacking, technical items-wise (i.e. what-to-do's of organizing). But that doesn't make me any less a leader or a guide to those around me. Because life is not so much about technicalities as it is about being a living example.

And ya, about the knowledge you guys were so worried about? I read this too:

Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
For I believe Your commandments.

Psalm 119:66 (NKJV)

Train me in good common sense;
I'm thoroughly committed to living your way.

Psalm 119:66 (The Message)


If you remember, I posted this on April 13. Can't tell you why, but I can tell you that after praying about it, God did provide the good judgment.

As for the knowledge, if you can be committed to note every sharing on Saturday, every sharing and sermon on Sunday, every Quiet Time, every Bible reading, and to start taking up sharing sessions for youth (now Daniel's read thru Matthew 20:1-16 a lot of times, correct?) , it'll come in no time.

Did you really think people who know the Bible got to know it by being born with the knowledge?

Nobody's born a machine.

Ask, and it will be given to you;
Seek, and you will find;
Knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:7 (NKJV)

Claim the promise. It will be done, just as He said.

No comments: