Thursday 3 April 2008

Shaun Has A Date. Way Ahead of Me. XD



They called.

I can't believe it. Seriously. I mean, did you see the application form we sent in? Gah. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, earlier today, Shaun was saying that there was a KL number that had been calling him since 5pm. I jokingly (yes, i can joke) said: "Pick up la. Maybe it's xxxFM's Cash Call."

I didn't even suspect that it might be the you-know-what (cannot say - if they find this blog, matilah kita berdua. plus 'michelle' too, of course)

Shaun went to check the given number on the site, but it was different, so he lega a bit. Then they called again, using a different number. He picked up. Lo and behold! It was xxxFM!

Because we totally didn't expect them to call, we were caught off-guard (hence the laughter at the start of the conversation). I was running around the house with Ken and screaming all the way while Shaun crapped with the DJs la. If you read the previous post, you'll see that Shaun and I didn't actually plan to be on the programme. But then... somewhere between yesterday and today, someone told me the programme offers a free dinner for two plus a movie if the date request is accepted.

Being the adventurous - ok lah, also tamak and yao kui - people we were, we decided to play along. lalala~

Problem 1: Michelle (real one) doesn't have a handphone.
Problem 2: Well, she's... erm... <people who know her shall fill in the blanks>
Problem 3: This might happen -


"Hi, is this Michelle?"

"No. This is her FATHER."

<dialtone>

"Mr Shaun, you are hereby arrested for attempted deceit and child harassment."

"Arrest my sister too. She orchestrated the whole thing."


Overactive imagination.

Anyway.

I told Shaun (wrote him) to rack up some excuse about why he couldn't give them "Michelle's" number there and then, and tell them to call back. And so Shaun began crapping really naturally about "the story between him and Michelle" (-_-) while I racked my brain for a quick solution.

Who to call?!



Chen Li.


Yeah. It appeared in my mind just like that. So I called her. And as she said in her blog, I was a little excited.

I must've been screaming and all cuz she asked me to sms her instead:

We registered your name as michelle tay. =p fact: you and shaun met in church. Known each other 7yrs. Got talk in church, close. But lidat only. Shaun told them you'd be shocked if you heard the news. Plus shaun said he's 18yrs old. So if theyask your name, just say you're michelle tay chen li or something.

Just as I re-entered Shaun's room, xxxFM had hung up, promising to call back. I told Shaun that Chen Li had agreed to be our Michelle. And he went "What????" but was cut short by xxxFM's phone call. So he gave them her number, and they called her, while he listened on the other side of the line. (watch him make faces while listening in on the conversation)

They cut a lot of the actual conversations la, and I believe Shaun would blog about it with more accuracy, but here's me giving it a shot. Snippets:

"How old are you , Shaun?"
"18."

"Can you call back later? I don't have her number right now."
"Har? Why?"
"My sister took my handphone to somewhere else in the house."
"Why??"
"Oh... she's very excited."
"Wahhhh how come so easily excited wan?"
"The whole house is excited!"
"Really? How big is your house? Is it as big as the Playboy Mansion?
"No. Bigger."

DJ1: "DJ2, you should be like this guy. He's so good and honest!" (yeah right)

"Where are you two studying?"
"Erm. We're stand-up comedians."
"Hahaha! It was fun talking to both of you. You're the funniest one so far!"

And some other stuff I can't remember. (the DJs even called and pretended to be PizzaHut reps calling) I'll leave the videos (which I will attempt to infrared later at night) to speak for some Behind the Scenes. Lawak. If you watch carefully, you can even see the script I wrote out for Shaun XD

Must be clarified, though, that I didn't orchestrate the whole thing. Shaun did especially well in the self-description part because he describes himself perasan-ly all the time =P


Listen to the recording and watch the videos! (which will only be here at night!)



p/s: Wonder how it would've been if I'd called Ju instead.
p/s2: "be a man, do the right thing" - originally used by Russell Peters. that's why it's funny.


~some reactions (mostly via sms only made it here cuz i don't have to memorize reactions =p)~
<shulynn, elena, somebody, elsen, gary, ck, mum, sis, ken, & jerry had reactions too>

teck wei: my jaw almost dropped too. maybe you should put hwee lin as shaun's crush. then can get free call to usa.

lai: now my jaw is dropping also.
ah zheng: tell shaun that's the hardest i laughed in a long time. haha.
andy: cool man! mangkuk hairstyle! haha.. pakat d 1 de.. anyway, good job! congrats him for me!
stephen: what the heck?
mau: hahahahahaha.....?!!
seoks: it's really your bro le.. but i miss the front part.. what did they ask? what did he answer? who is that michelle?
wan ting: what la.. haha.. shaun keep laughing.. haha..
qi: ...you guys really have nothing better to do, do you? meow...
lin: should put my name instead. then say i'm in US, but wanna chase me back cuz i no money to come back. lol.



photo courtesy of Michelle


thanks for making my brother happy... Michelle.

XD

2 comments:

Masy said...

ada video? mane?

hwei said...

ada! ada! tapi belum upload lagi =P nanti larut malam baru ada ish. dengar recording kat atas dulu XD