Monday 2 October 2006

It's all mashed up, I can't sum it up in one title

PA Tuition Misadventure

Yesterday I was supposed to have PA tuition la. That much I knew. So after struggling with some complacency issues, I made up my mind to go at 5pm. Mum offered to get me there, but Dad called and said he'd do it. Dad was back late from Klang, and we had about 15 minutes to get to Bachang from Bukit Katil.

Zoom we went, at more than 80 km/hour. Arrived just in time, and I ran up (jogged la) the stairs. I went into the class and greeted Miss Heng as usual. To my surprise, she exclaimed, "Har?!!" I was like, har too la. Then everyone was like snickering and giggling d. I was like, what's up? Did I do something wrong? She stared at me with wide open eyes, "Tuition sudah habis baru datang?" HARRRR??! And that's what I said la, with the tanda seru and all. One guy, whom I've come to label The Guy Who Likes To Answer Questions And SS Sometimes, looked up at me and said, "Tuition finish d". Of course I was shocked la. I harred again. And she said, "Tuition started at 2 till 5! Tse Hwei, kamu mimpikah??"

Aiyak.

Everyone was laughing...

I had nothing left to do but to sit down at the front row. Thank goodness it was empty, if not...

Haiz. So I sat down and sms-ed Dad, but of course he didn't get the sms. So after the class was officially dismissed, I called him, and he laughed at me. Back home, Mum half-scolded, half-laughed at me. Sigh.

I am blur.

Seoks told me her PBSM ex-prez told her that I'm famous in MHS for my blurness. Please la, I don't even know the guy. So kepoh.. this kind of thing also want to gossip about. So anyway, good thing Ming Suan and Derrick weren't there in the afternoon class. If not, I think my reputation would have been further boosted. HAIZ.

Let's talk about something else.

Me and L6A3

Today I sat beside Ming Suan, cuz we were floating today and I was late to class cuz I went to the toilet as usual. So kesian. I could see he was struggling to keep himself awake, slapping his face, and rubbing his eyes etc. He slept then woke up again, slept, woke up, and continued the cycle. What surprised me was when Pn Shirley (Econs) asked us where the first Proton plant was, he woke up and said Shah Alam, which was the correct answer.

There are indeed many weird people in the world.

He bought the wrong book, you see. So while everyone was turning to page 186 for the latihan, he was looking totally lost. So I shared with him la. He also shy want to ask. Hmm. Everyone (especially the guys, except Wai Ki, Benny [orang gila] and Aaron la) seems to be afraid to ask me stuff in class. Wan Ting says I'm a serious person. Har-har. In MHS only, Wan Ting! Anyway, I shared with him, and he really genuinely tried to answer the questions.

Background info on Ming Suan and his buddy Derrick: Derrick is best known as the Harry Potter boy, and Ming Suan is known as the Tampin boy. They are always either sleeping or talking in class. They seem to do nothing else. Naturally, I thought they are the kind of people who come to Form 6 for fun and will drop out at the end of the two terms.

So I was pleasantly surprised that he put in some effort. And when there was one question about TC and MC, he asked me how I did the question, cuz he didn't know how to do it. That surprised me even more.

Derrick was at the back, looking blur with his super huge eyes as usual. Someone asked him if he was thinking or dreaming, and he said, "Wo bu ming bai". Ke lian. I think the reason why The Duo are always slacking off is cuz they're sitting way at the back. My time in GLO sitting somewhere at the back, and today's experience, where I was almost at the back, showed me that it really affects my focus. I couldn't really grasp the LMC concept as easily as I normally would on other days. And since The Duo never really learned any basics in the first place, due to their slacking since the first lesson, it really is much more difficult for them.

Sigh... I really wish I can help them. But I find that English is the only thing I can effectively teach other people. Other subjects, I either sound too confusing or too short-cutted (got such word?). Then again, English is the language for which all of them (except Shih Cui) are afraid to ask for my help.

And my Mandarin isn't very fantastic, either. I have much difficulty communicating with them because of this, and I'm sometimes afraid to teach them because of my lack of fluency. Like today, I think I spoke too fast to Ming Suan. Dunno he understand or not.

Hmmph. I must improve my Mandarin!


However, I'm happy to say that Wai Ki, Aaron, Benny, Shih Cui, and Sheah Ching are getting used to me. Wai Ki casually asked me for my Math T textbook today, and Aaron, Wai Ki, Mei Fong, Mei Ting, Wan Ting, and I had fun with our Business quiz today haha.

Shih Cui asked me a funny question today. She came up to me with this totally urgent look and asked, "Ni chu liao sports bu hao, hai you shen me bu hao?" My initial reaction was my sports no good meh?? Ceh. Then only I realized the oddness of her question. Why was she asking me for my weakness?? Then she answered, "Oh, mei you. Ying wei wo kan ni hao xiang tai perfect liao." Har? So funny wan. So I listed down my shortcomings lor, and Wan Ting helped also =_=

Spiritual Food: Kajang vs MGC

Yesterday Zheng messaged me. Sis told me he's coming back this weekend, so I asked him if it was true la. Then he said he might be coming back, cuz his class ends on friday 12pm, and he's super free on weekends, so if nothing on then he might come back lor. Immediate reaction was super happy la. But then I remembered what Jie said:
My ministry is in Kajang d. I shouldn't come back so often already.
So I told him not to come back so often cuz I really feel the spiritual food in Kajang is much better than the one we get here in MGC. I seriously think so. The only spiritual food I can really say is enough for my stomach is dad's OT walkthrough, Adult's Bible Study, and when occassionally some gifted preacher comes along to preach on Sunday. My heart is craving something more, and yet that craving cannot be fulfilled by MGC. I can't sense the yearning for solid spiritual food here, and I really think Zheng can't grow much here.

But I added that he must come back sometimes haha.

Better for him to stay there la. I'd rather not have him come back but know he's growing spiritually, then to have him back often, and know that he's only growing a millimeter per week or none at all.

Wait God say I halang him from growing ^^; Subject to God's judgment in heaven!

5 comments:

ling said...

hey tse hwei,
somehow stumbled upon ur blog while bloghopping and surprised to know that you're tse shuen's sis. am attending the same church as ur sis does now, kgc =)

she talked abt u before and said if we meet we'd click very well and i was really looking forward to that. she said we're both like calendars =) im 18 too, and in my 2nd year of diploma at tarc doing journalism =)

ur sis is such a sweet and demure girl =)

look forward to knw this sis in-Christ more! =)

my blog's at http://peilingzhis.blogdrive.com/ =)

oh and the name's Pei Ling!

ling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ling said...

sorry for the triple postings! =/

hwei said...

It's ok. I deleted them muahaha. I can't believe I'm a calendar. What did she mean by that ?_?

Wow you're doing journalism? So you're a people person eh?