Thursday 19 October 2006

Specially for Sin Lan

Introduction
Full Name: Koo Sin Lan
Age: 18
DOB: 8 February 1988
POB: Malacca
Occupation: Student
Field: Food Nutrition
Education Center: Sedaya

Ok.

Sin Lan and I were actually quite distant friends before we went to GLO with Chen Li and Ju. But we somehow became close after our GLO experience. Muahaha.

Like Seok Ling (my best friend since primary 6) and me, Sin Lan and I are actually quite different. I think actually very different la. She's a confirmed and affirmed choleric - responsible, efficient, hardworking, and an awesome leader with a creative mind and an eye for the future. Me? I'm a melancholic - mostly opposite of her... no need to list down haha. I dunno la, but somehow I feel that there's something we share that made us closer to each other than I can ever be with Chen Li and Ju. Perhaps it's the fact that we didn't have many real friends from our schooling days and we went through the same kinds of stress stuff before. Hers more than mine, of course. I remember once Sin Yee said Sin Lan once squatted down beside the fridge and cried cuz of the pressure of school, other co-curric stuff and of course family. That really struck close to home cuz I did that before, and for the very same reasons.

For convenience's sake, I think I'll call this thing P(x).

I think the bad side to this is that this P(x) pulls us together, but it is sometimes the very thing that causes a barrier between us also. We're both not the type to dig deep into each other's soul or what, or to talk about really emotional stuff. I know a melancholic is supposed to be emotional, but do remember that one of the prominent features of a melancholic is the tendency to keep most of everything inside k. Sometimes when she calls me on the phone (it takes a lot of effort to call people, know), or when I call her (super effort, like just now), there're these moments of silence where we just don't know what to say to each other. We're both quite rotten communicators. I think she'll agree with me when I say that I'm mostly ok with outsiders or people I'm not too close with or people I don't share P(x) with, but when it comes to talking to people I really, really care about or really, really share P(x) with, it becomes difficult to talk about things that are close to my heart. This includes sis, shaun, pa, mum, and lin. I sometimes experience this with gy also, and it's especially obvious when we're in the car and I have nothing to say to him. Hmm.

Sin Lan made sandwiches for me last Saturday. Well, not for me only. Other people ate also. I mean, she made a whole tupperware's worth of it (like the ones we use to put cut pieces of watermelon in) and brought it to youth. But she told me, "Wo kan dao ni de msn na bian you xie ni yao chi sandwich". So nice of her huh. No one really did that for me before, except Mum. ^^ So terharu! It becomes especially mengharukan when I think of it in the context of Sin Lan previously being a distant and reserved person. GLO was such a breakthrough for both of us in this aspect! I'm so glad we went to GLO!

And the thing about her is she doesn't go around letting people know what she likes or dislikes. Such a nice person. I must do something special for her when she comes back! You people don't bocor rahsia ar!

No comments: