Sunday 10 August 2008

I did not know.

i'm impressed,
i'm inspired,
i'm overwhelmed by the pianist.

i wish i'm good at something.


-yen mei, s.H.[R].u.G.S.s-



I used to think like that.
When I was seven (I think),
dad dragged me aside for a little talk.
He told me my younger sister was naturally gifted in piano and I was not.
I cried like mad wei.
But it made me realize and recognise that it's ok if others are better.
What's important is the fact that I enjoyed playing the piano

and I'd work hard at something I enjoyed

even if Hwei would always be better
no matter how hard I tried.
Anyway God is fair.

Everyone has something from Him.
^_^

-sis, in commenting on yen's post-




I never knew that talk happened.
I always guessed sis might have felt that way.
I never knew the extent of it.
I lived in ignorance.
True...
I have seldom felt that way -
That someone else was so talented it suffocated me.
Except the gazillion mad pianists like...
Colin Kirton...
David Khoo...
Samuel Lee...
I guess it's different when it's your sibling.
Or someone you're close to.
But most of all, I have seldom felt that way because...
I have never endeavored to try something I wasn't good at.
I have always chosen to live in a shell.
So all you who feel suffocated by a more talented person
because he excels in the same thing though you may work harder
Take comfort in the fact that you feel that way
Because you dared to try.
You dared to fly.
Praise be to God if you do fly one day.
As for myself, I will never fly.

Because...

I have never accepted the challenge my inner self proposed.


As for you, my sister.










you memang pandai ber-hiperbola la!




=P

11 comments:

cluelessfreak said...

berhiperbola?

hwei said...

membesar-besarkan sesuatu. stems from our previous conversation about how she made ck's testimony so touching he even felt touched by his own testimony. ahh when balik then tell you. =D

Shuen said...

Eh put nicer pictures of me mah. Don't menjatuh-jatuhkan my market value lar. Ahha. I think you good at menghiperbolakan something also. It must run in the family

mau said...

out of all those photos, 2 of them xiao mei mei's on the phone... > " < i wonder.......~~~~~ hahahaha

hwei said...

[Sis] Neh, I'm such a straight-forward, blunt blogger. Nyeh nyeh. Eh those pictures the nicest d. =P

[Mau] The phone photos were taken with my webcam and thus were on the same day wan. Ah ha.

mau said...

same day ar? aiyo... hebat leh... hahahahaha~~~ faster come back... and we'll call u again by ur name... hahaha... we also miss ur muka penyet,-_-, according to chocho la...

hwei said...

itu bukan muka penyet. itu muka bergaya. bweh.

saun said...

oh my goodiness... if big sis cry even though her piano considered good...i commit suicide for lack of talent?!?!?!?! Maybe dat's why papa never dragged me aside and told me dat!

hwei said...

-__-

oiks got connection at home d? or you using office wan? ish!

saun said...

office wan...but this post is home wan... papa managed to fix it :D

hwei said...

ish! unfair! neway now got connection in my room d. lalala~