Sunday 4 October 2009

words.

"I read the article, Lois."
"Yeah, so did a lot of people. Tomorrow night, they're giving me the Pulitzer."
"Why did you write it?"
"How could you leave us like that? I moved on. So did the rest of us. That's why I wrote it. The world doesn't need a saviour. And neither do I."

Silence.

Then he asks her to fly up with him.

Another moment of silence.

She takes off her heels and steps lightly onto his feet. Then they're in the air, above the city lights.

"Listen; what do you hear?"
"Nothing."
"I hear everything. You wrote that the world doesn't need a saviour, but every day I hear people crying for one."


i was going to post a picture post. scratch that. pictures post. think lots of pictures.

but then, with my current mood, which i can't describe as precisely as i usually can, i thought that this would do.

easy.

that's the word. that's the problem.

i get lost easily. i get hit by flying sports equipment easily. i smile easily.
i'm easily entertained.
easily firm.
easily lazy.
easily...
hurt.

i think it's important, and you don't. that's the other problem.

you think it's enough, but i don't. that's another problem.

thankfully,

i'm also easily touched.

"Thank God you're in one piece!"
"Thanks for entertaining them. Back home in one piece?"

and easily entertained.

"With directions also like that? Now I doubt GPS will work for you either..."


conversation between me and dad:

"I have *triumphantly* arrived."
"Weakly."
"-_- Do not taint my victory. Bah."
"Do not exaggerate your defeat."


turns out dad mis-sent the sms "weekly" and i misinterpreted it as a reply to my triumphantness. but if he'd really said "weakly", it would've been this much fun. ^_^

No comments: