Wednesday 14 October 2009

land assignmenting.

people write funny things.





lastly,

pardon me. this one macam takda legal value.


we had an impromptu speech test in english class yesterday. i happily picked number 14 and ms gill happily said "we'll start with number 14". excuse me. never mind. better first than last. eh? sounds so familiar.

"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

matthew 20:16


she picked my topic for me, and my eyes (and everyone else's ears) popped when i read it:

12. To what extent has digital democracy or the freedom provided by the Internet led to any improvements in the democratic situation in Malaysia? Give reasons for your opinions.

note that the number up there says '12' and not '14'.

anyway.

constitutional law was very useful at that point. thankfully, i'd started listening in lectures ever since the family law test. by the way, i felt victorious yesterday, because i spoke up in constitutional law tutorial. consti law tutorial is right before english class, and i always enter english class and drown amreeta in my rantings about what i should've said and how i didn't say any of it. last week, dr johan picked me to answer the first question and i did a lousy job of it. partly because i hadn't prepared the question at all, though i did study somewhat. i wrote in my proforma:

lousy. to do better next week.


i said that back when amreeta and i were in the same tort tutorial, she'd always nudged me when she knew i had something to say but wasn't saying it. and then i'd say it. restroom conversation right before english class:

Amreeta
Ya, come to think about it, you were always so quiet in tort class when you had all your answers written down.

Me
Yalah. You should come and nudge me again la in consti class.

Amreeta
Sure. I'll just come by, knock on the door and say, 'Tse Hwei, just say what you want to say! Thank you, Dr Johan.'


i need reseach skills, an opinionated mind, and the boldness to speak.

I. Will. Be. A. Lawyer. Period.

to do better next week!

No comments: