Tuesday 9 June 2009

DMSJ 2009: Day 1

After tea was ice-breakers. Something about hanging someone else's nametag around your neck except the other way round (the tag on your back), then hunting for the person by asking a series of questions without asking for the person's name. Then looking for your group members, etc etc.

Oh ya, at this point, I remembered something.

While waiting for tea to arrive, I saw a folder on the table and, being the kpc that I am, started flipping through it. And so I knew my group members d before the game. =P

Plus the camp speaker tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Give it back to me after you're done reading ya."

Paiseh.

Then it was a few hours before the quiz.

Honestly, didn't really have time to be nervous about the quiz.

I was on musician duty for the night's worship session, so we practiced before dinner after a kerbau's worth of mandi. By the time I actually got to sit down for dinner (20 minutes before the quiz), I felt like I'd dropped my brain somewhere. Which wasn't an entirely bad thing. Feeling nothing was definitely better than feeling nervous.

And I did enjoy playing with the band. It was nice to be flexible, to just sit back and not say much during practice - no reciting strings of chords or getting frustrated trying to explain a drum beat that is nothing but a vivid imagination in my mind.

Yep, as I sat down for dinner, I thought to myself and to the ugly greens about to die in my mouth:

When was the last time I said I love music?


Because the music that's always in my head was playing louder than ever.

What happened during the quiz itself will be posted by Fred soon in the MGC blog.
Soon as in when he gets off work. =D

For those who don't already know:

  • Main TseHwei TseShaun TseShuen (emcee: their names so similiar eh. i wonder if they're related.)
  • Reserve + Floor member DanielLim
  • Floor members CelineTan NgeeQi
  • Quiz Master PhilipLim
  • MGC Moderator SarahTeo

Fred, Sarah, Sin Lan, Wei Jin, and Yen, thank you so much for coming for the quiz!

Fred, Sin Lan, and Yen even made a banner for us. =D

"why B-Leh wan?"
"cannot put 'o'. wait you all get kosong."


Very touched, seriously. This is for Yen.

sorry your name isn't clear. my hp's 2mp like 1mp nie wan.
^_^"



SAGC put up a message board for campers to write stuff on for most of the camp duration. Sis wrote: "I wish I could stay", but I didn't take a pic of that one.

It made me sad to know that people who really wanted to go couldn't go, and people who could go didn't want to go. Sounds a bit judgmental, but yeah, that's how I felt every time I stared at the black board.

Anyway.

The questions started easy. Like really easy. Like multiple-choice questions kind of easy. Seriously. Then tetiba, fill in the blanks looked like this:

He is the 1W of the 2W, the 4W.


That was for the first table, which Uncle Philip labelled 'the easiest table'.

For the 'easy' table:

Therefore, continue to 3W, 1W and
2W in him, 4W as you were taught, and
3W.


For the hardest table, the questions looked like this:

Therefore, if you have any 1W from being 3W,
any
1W from his 1W,
any
1W with the 1W,
any
1W and 1W...


...and then I couldn't remember how it goes d.

For team questions, one question that really murdered us was "what is the 'mystery of God' and the 'mystery of Christ'?" Suffice to say, the verses provided didn't really do much to help, since we never did memorize passages and whatever verses they were in, and we literally stared at the screen doofus-ly for a few seconds.

Then I grinned and said, "Lanyak."

So we lanyak-ed, and we got zero points. Ahahahahahaha. Thank you, guys, for the cheer that went up anyway. =D

Not going to set about justifying why we could neither be champions nor defend our 'title'. I'm going to set about remembering something I said a few days before the quiz:

Derk: "We can't pray for 1st place, cuz everyone would be praying for it also."
Me: "
We pray for 2nd place then. Nobody will pray for that."


Okay. So it was my fault we got 2nd place.

And God answers prayers.

Aha.

No comments: