Saturday 11 April 2009

people blog i also blog -adrian@abang-

this is my self-appointed study break ok. i have rights!

i went to church for good friday yesterday. the choir was so captivating. i was at the edge of my seat, holding my handphone (cuz i recorded it) to my heart. ah. i just love it when people sing in harmony. and in tune.

an old song returned to haunt my senses yesterday, a song i once loved, but which faded away somewhere, somehow.


Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing,
Poured out to death
Many times, I've wondered at Your gift of life
I'm in that place once again,
I'm in that place once again

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life

Now You are exalted to the highest place
King of the Heavens, where one day I'll bow
But for now, I'll marvel at Your saving grace
I'm full of praise once again
Oh, I'm full of praise once again

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life

Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross, my Friend

- "Once Again", Matt Redman


where were You, Lord? where was i?
i'd forgotten what it was like to praise You.
i've stared at Your name and wondered if You meant anything to me.
do i even know You?


the speaker spoke:

when Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die.

- dietrich bonhoeffer


to die to self.
what kind of instruction is that?
You are strange.
that's why it's difficult to know You.
but i'm strange too. in many ways.
i'm in that place once again.
i shall return.

1 comment:

Adrian Benjamin Lim said...

apa ni? suddenly put my blog link here? tak berkaitan pun...v ;p