Monday 1 September 2008

updates.

Attempted to be adventurous.

Photobucket
definitely the last attempt.



Realized Malacca does look historical

Photobucket
And that i'm not really sure if that's the straits of malacca *shame*


Visited the Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum for assignment.

Photobucket
was very impressed by their rich culture.


Attended J.U.I.C.E. Nite 2008 music practice.

Photobucket
we call it multi-tasking.



Got involved with representing the law fac in the UM merdeka parade


Photobucket
split into 3 groups (chinese, indian, malay dances) of 9 each. each group consists of chinese and malay.
these are the chinese dancers practicing.


Photobucket
danced till 1am for 2 consecutive days



Went to Mid Valley to buy cheong sam top.

Photobucket













this thing cost me rm70 ok. don't play play.








Ate my first pretzel.

Photobucket


Made new friendships and strengthened old ones.

Photobucket
louis


Photobucket
lulu


Photobucket
shan


Photobucket
stella


Photobucket
sue-lyn. she really, really reminds me of shu lynn.


Photobucket
yasmin


^_^" and -_-"-ed not a few times

Photobucket
and they were are so proud of it.


Photobucket



Found some Tintin shoes.

Photobucket
hooi ping's shoes




Snapped a photo with an astronaut.

Photobucket
er yeah. he's supposed to be an astronaut. you know, the one that used to model.


Took a photo of Lee Chong Wei.

Photobucket
yeah. i said lee chong wei.


Attended a surprise party.

Photobucket


Observed racial integration.

Photobucket
that's sharul trying to camgigolo (yes, yes, your copyright. sue me. =P).


Wished I'd paid more attention when growing up as a girl.

Photobucket


Photobucket



Watched a friend ascend the stairs as a bride.

Photobucket
ei ein. congratulations.


Made fun of Ken's eyes

Photobucket
everyone else did too at the wedding dinner. =P



Met almost the whole of Malacca (or maybe just MGC) at Ei Ein's wedding in PJ.


Photobucket
adults' table. others present: benghui & yokewoon, gengyi & grace, matthew & julie, shaun, me.


Photobucket
unc gim yuen


Photobucket
auntie yoke ling



Photobucket
kids. matthew: "geng yi's children."


Yamseng-ed with an empty glass.

Photobucket


Yamseng-ed twice with an empty glass.

Photobucket


And then I signed Chelsea and Jason up for Flirty@10.30 and we (she did, but technically i did as well cuz it was my jasa =P) won RM100 and 60 Sencepack.

I then spent a few days trying to think up designs for the LawNite t-shirt and ticket, and finally got the real designers to help me cuz muka aku pun langsung tak macam designer.

On Saturday, I got myself into the Law Career Convention, working as a salesperson for the LawNite fund-raising stall, where I thick-skinned-ly went around the law firms' booths selling badges (which I will happily put up after my test) and sandwiches (to the non-Muslims). Selling sandwiches was pure torture, especially when I had to hand them out to people myself without actually taking a bite. Sigh.

Went out with sis and her friends to makan the Ipoh Chicken Rice thingy, which was expensive but totally nice, especially the ajinomoto-dominated soup which I think I'm not supposed to like.

Went to church again today, and we had station stuff by the youth instead of the usual sermon. First station was about loving ourselves as we are and dealing with our imperfections. A young guy named Melvin who had his right leg amputated some years ago, but is now running his own IT-based company with his twin brother, shared his testimony.

2nd station was a "TV show", about friendship. 3rd station was a short Footstool Players-like skit about "Weak is the new strong". I personally thought this station was particularly interesting and well-done.

Final station was the falling-blindfolded-off-a-high-place-into-the-12arms-of-6-brave-volunteers exercise, where the theme was "Let Go, Let God".

Quite a good day. I was put into a group with 2 teens and many aunties and uncles. Ah. Practiced my muka tembok thing again, except with the aunties this time. I even attempted to kam cheng with a random auntie who poured tea for me. Her name is Vithia, just so I'll remember.

Have begun to tire of people forgetting my name and mispronouncing it (not just in church), so I now say: Chester, whenever people ask my name. And consequently, I have also mastered the art of doing so with a straight face, and keeping the straight face when they say, "That sounds like a guy's name", and when I reply, "Nope. It's short for Manchester."

Ah. Lameness.

It's what not hearing your name properly does to you.

Some aunties apologized for not noticing me, but at least they made a move and said, "I haven't seen you here before" during those moments of nothing-to-do-ness, and I must confess, as I did to them, that I haven't been mixing around with the aunties long enough for them to notice me.

Have been invited to a couple of care groups, and the Ladies-in-Touch. I think that's the only way to kam cheng with the PJGH folks, so I shall seriously consider. I think if I continue targetting my peers for kam chengness, I'm going to spend forever doing it without much fruit, so I shall modify my pemetakan pasaran strategy and expand my horizons a bit.

I'm kinda writing randomly and without thinking because I'm supposed to study for a Legal Methods test and Kemahiran Maklumat test this Wednesday, and I'd better do it fast because I can feel The Pain coming, and when it does, I'll be on my deathbed with neither desire nor capacity to much of anything else. I also have my tutorials to complete, though I must say with an adequate amount of jolliness that I feel that I can now prepare less for Contract tutorial ever since Ms. Choong stopped being my tutor and I got En. Ahmad Saufi instead, because he tends to agree with me when I speak in a clear, calm tone, and it would seem as if he is not as precise and drilling as Ms. Choong (though I really prefer her much much).

Tort tutorial is on Wednesday, meaning I have to prepare for tutorial and tests by Tuesday. I also have my Kemahiran Maklumat project to hand in tomorrow by 4pm. It's actually quite simple, except I have no idea what my facilitator wants with my title: "Explain right supply law for juvenile offenders", especially since there is no such thing as supply law online and the title obviously contains one or two grammatical errors or typos. Plus I haven't been able to find my facilitator and will have to rush to look for her and do it tomorrow.

Also, I have to get my SMS pin for Bank Islam Internet Banking once again because there was a foul-up with the service the last time I did it, and the customer service mail service is happily being inefficient.

Ah, the language I use when I'm being random.

Oh ya, I'm quite happy with the freebies I received from the uber rich law firms during the Law Career Convention. There was even one notebook WAY thicker than the current journal I have from Popular, with lovely systematically well-spaced lines and a blank page after each lined page, just the way I like it. And I have received so many pens that I have nowhere to keep them.

Brought Sarah and Ruth to church. Am trying to get Sue-Lyn and Will to go as well. I hope Pei Win has a bigger car.

I want so many people to go to church!

But I also wish the PJGH-ians would be much friendlier.

Thankfully, the adults were quite friendly today. Juen was, and always is, as well.

I saw a dude today on the pulpit, and was just thinking of telling Juen later: "That guy looks like Benjamyn Phuah" when he (as if on cue) introduced himself as Benjamyn Phuah.

That's all.

I have a tummy-ache and haven't taken my bath.

But I simply must mention that I love working with people, especially when I'm not the leader or doing any organizing work.

Buhbye!

6 comments:

mau said...

finally... updates... ^ ^ been dropping by once awhile to check for updates... ^ ^ hahahaha...

and cheongsam.. rite... hahahaha ^ ^ pretty cool... i shud try someday... a samfu... > " < or wateva it's called..

and i love the doughnuts... banyak giler weii.... make my mouth leaking oni.. > " <

btw, "chong wei" looks pretty uhmm... "cute" hahahaha...

Sherene said...

panjang lebar..........
but it was good....
especially for ppl like me who seldom got the chance to met up with u. (ktm can be costly without you realizing it)
okie...
gtg
bye

ling said...

pergi midvalley tak ajak!! :(( when i finish my finals we shall pergi midvalley!!

hwei said...

[Mau] Yeah. Finally. Wah so faithful. Ah ha. Qi pao? Hooi Ping said it was originally meant for guys, but dunno when people changed it to women's article of clothing. Hmm. The donut I actually got half only, cuz 40 ppl share share.Yeah. Chong Wei comel sangat. Lol. The seniors took a week to make all those stuff wan, including the astronaut.

[Sherene] Hee. Yalor, costly and lousy. Thanks for reading till the end! Haha.

[Ling] I pegi at 7pm++ straightway after dinner lo. Twas a business trip the whole way. Except for the pretzel stop. =P Yeah! Next time we go midvalley *you belanja makan* kekeke~

saun said...

lee chong wei in football jersey?

hwei said...

Yeah. Now that you mention it... haha.