Sunday 21 September 2008

My life that is forever intertwined with the piano

Guess what? Bluetooth adapter has malfunctioned, and so I can't upload any pictures. Ah well. Sila tahan post ini yang padat dengan perkataan dan completely void of pictures. Terima kasih.


Met Sam Lee in PJGH today! He's back from his superlong-May-till-Sept holidays.

Me: You don't play the piano here?

Sam: Yeah, I do, actually. Thanks to my friend (emphasis not mine) who told the music director that I can play. And so I play the bass and the piano.

Ohhh ok. Who's the music director?

Tuuu, that one. I can introduce you to him, if you want. And then I can let it slip that you can play the piano.

-_-


-paying up at the counter after lunching with Sam, Desmond, and Cheng Sze-


Sam to Desmond: She can play the piano very well.

Desmond: Oh izzit ar? Good good.

Me: Oi, Sam!

Oh ya, he's the one who got me into playing the piano.

Revenge la nie?

Yup. Kekeke.



Although I have no idea why I'm the one who terkena the dendam against Desmond.

Ah ha.

That actually reminded me of Friday's CG at Ms Choong's place.

I took a seat next to Grace and left Geng Yi with the sofa (which he'd probably have to share with 2 others).

Geng Yi: Oi, let me sit la.

Me: You sit on the sofa la. Muahaha.


-sometime later, while waiting for the rest to arrive-


Ms Choong: Ohhhh ok, ok. Tse Hwei will play then.

?_? + o_O

Come, Tse Hwei, sit at the piano. We can start already.

I looked at Geng Yi, and guess what? The dear fellow was standing beside Ms Choong (i wonder why) and snickering, albeit sheepishly.


Faster go sit at the piano. Then I can sit your place. Kekeke.

-_- !



Anyway.

I joined the Jeremiah CG at Ms Choong's house, just to make an attempt at another means of berkamcheng-ing with PJGH-ians.

It felt so much like Malacca - All that sitting around waiting for people to arrive when we already thought we were late, using the Spectrum of Praise for singspiration, feeling tempted to drop a pin in the moments of silence during the discussion just to see if it could be heard, the makan and discussion of movies and politics around a dining table afterwards...

Ahh. Good ol' Malacca.

I was quite afraid before going for CG. Especially after all that Geng Yi said about the CG having 20+ people, about the CG being very serious (somemore cannot wear shorts? apalah) and only a few people talking wan etc. (that happens in the Bible study back home too ah ha...)

But as Anderson* closed the session in prayer, I told God, "God, I can do this. Thank You for bringing me here."

Yeah, everything was quite Malaccan except for the fact that we had no fish-head noodle soup and there was no studying of the Bible. Hmm.

I shared about the importance of the Bible to me. It's funny how the Bible has suddenly become the one link between me and my identity as a Christian. I don't go to church 4 days a week anymore. I don't plan youth programmes or troubleshoot problems in the youth. I don't play the piano every time there's something on in church. I don't help to wash dishes. I don't need to play host to anybody. I haven't been explaining anything about the Bible to anybody. Haven't been encouraging and listening to a brother or sister's sharing.

I've lost it all. All that had made me feel like I wasn't just a pew-warmer or a regular attendee in church, or truly a servant of the Lord.

How do you feel like a servant when you're not serving diligently?

How do you feel like an older Christian when you're not exhorting a younger one?

How do you feel like a disciple when you're not discussing the Bible?

How do you feel like a Christian when all you do is attend church?

Ahh.

This is truly a step out of the comfort zone.

I'd always thought that being out of my comfort zone meant serving till I dropped. (cuz I'm pretty lazy and lethargic)

But here, God reveals that being out of my comfort zone is actually not serving the way I used to.

Uncle Min Choon shared last Sunday that we always think, "Must come to church and get involved only can do something for God". I never fully realized the reality of that until I found myself in it.

It's a struggle to remember why I am a Christian, and why I go to church.

Not because I do Christian things, and not because I need to do Christian things.

Such a simple truth that I'd always taken for granted.

Oh ya. Sang a wonderful song in church today. Was so captured by the lyrics.


I hear the Saviour say,
"Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power and Thine alone
Can change the leper's spots
And melt the heart of stone.

When from my dying bed
My ransomed soul shall rise
"Jesus died my soul to save"
Shall rend the vaulted skies.

And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete
I'll lay my trophies down
All down at Jesus' feet.

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow.


All in all... Dad was right.

A church is only as good as the member of the church who takes it upon himself to take care of you.

In this case...

A church is only as good as the members of the church who take it upon themselves to take care of you.

Thank you, Cheng Sze, Desmond, Geng Yi, Grace, Ms Choong, Pei Win, and Sam.




*one of the youth advisors. trying to get to know the people thru devious means, like matching the names in the bulletin to the people upfront. hey, have to la. how la am i supposed to go up to the church members and ask them their names? tak kena tempat. ish ish.


note: dialogues and events penned down (or typed) according to author's own perception and interpretation. success in sueing for inaccuracy or misstatement is highly improbable.

note 2: i did not forget Juen and er Shanny. this post is based on today and fri. hee.

random statement: i am now the "girl with currypuff crumbs in her hair". don't ask me why.

random statement 2: desmond taught me the secret to getting past level 1 of Desktop Defence. sam shook his head. bah.

4 comments:

Shuen said...

Lol to the 'girl with currypuff crumbs in her hair'. But not surprising la. EXPECTED. Kekeke.

Awww. The things Geng Yi will do just to sit with Grace. Perbuatan keji.

hwei said...

ceh. yakah? bluek.

oh ya, dropped 2 chunks of karipap into my coffee also. kekekeke.

yeah, keji betul. tsk tsk. still tryin to get used to knowing who "sebastian" is when pjgh-ians ask. ah haha.

Amy said...

padan muka engkau ni... rampas seat org lain yg dah ada bakal isteri... tsk tsk tskk....

wei haha totaly understand ur feelings leh.. Like since we were so active in church when u reached some where new ur identity is shaken, somewhat. And u have to reconstruct ur identity in christ!! its really coming out of ur comfort zone leh...

gambateh la.. God is gonna use u mightily!!

Amy said...

oh Ya always prayiing 4 u. and miss u!