Tuesday 11 March 2008

It's Finally Here. The Post About the Results.

I was very nervous about getting my STPM results today. I'd actually gotten over the suspense of actually knowing my results, but then Seoks told me that the great MHS would call out the names of top-scorers one by one to go for an interview in the Professional Room.

Really.

Such a demeaning, discriminating, intimidating, unnecessary system.

Why all the unnecessary suspense?

Wouldn't those whose names aren't called absolutely DIE of unnecessary suspense and letdown? As always, I point out the implication of a repeated word.

Anyway, I was thinking stuff like, if I ever get called later, I'll be sure to give a really silly answer to the cliche question of "How did you study?" and then include a suggestion to do away with this cacat system.

Then Lin came online and told me to sms her US number after I got my results:



And then she blurted something with her trademark bluntness:



Like you wouldn't know if she was trying to be funny or she really thought using that Biblical line is a good idea in modern life ^_^

Bryan added (when I told him what she first said and asked: "Is that supposed to make me feel better?"):
It's supposed to. Cause if you know your name won't be called, why worry about it?
(a little editing done)

Anyway.

Not nervous anymore.

Thanks, Lin. That's what cousins are for.

Thanks to everyone out there who listened to my nervous rantings too! (namely Bryan, Elena, Ling, Seoks, Shaun, and the couch potato)



p/s: it's much faster and easier to upload photos on WordPress and then copy-paste them here =P

No comments: