Monday 10 March 2008

I Read Cicak

Neh, just a catchy title to catch your attention. I'm not a soothsayer or anything.

Anyway, I was reading a notification email sent by YouthSays on theCICAK website. There were over 60 comments for me to read, since the recent DMSJ Quiz sucked me out of the cyber world. We were asked to comment on why youths are not interested in politics/voting and what we're looking for in the government. There were some other interesting comments from concerned youth, but this one caught my eye (I'll leave the shorthands as they are):
well, its rather absurd to generalize n comment that youth aren't interested in the elections. talking bout elections, wat bores the most is the so-called promises a.k.a "empty promises" voiced out by the government.for instance, the opposition party whom does not have muc experience in ruling the country promises to reduce the petrol price.i mean wat the hell was dat big bullshit all bout?petrol is petrol nt some karipap business. and our government is promising to take care of the community and keep blaming the opposition for many crappy stories which i tink is all childs play. to me politics is wer u shw the ppl hw u lead a country, n take care of the ppl. its a movement to bring improvement to the community as well as the country n shw their ability rather thn jus salivating over thm.

for all i knw is dat bn may win again bt wit a few shocking wins by the opposition. bt i hope bn jus do more for the ppl. DO MORE IN THE SENSE OF DOING. NO TALKING.

Okay, I'll admit it.

The thing that caught my eye was mostly the part about the karipap business =P

Hey, I'm a fan of dry, unintended humour =D

Anyway, DMSJ's over, I'm a little thinner, and am now back to focusing on practicing that 11-page music for the Bukit Panjang choir that'll be coming up to Malacca from Singapore for the Easter Evangelistic meeting (Check the mini-Bulletin Board at the foot of the MGC Blog for details).

Emphasis on 11-page music.

I think I built some muscles in my arms and fingers after training so hard for Kevin's "That's What We Came Here For" for the Fellowship Nite on Saturday. Now I'm going to built somemore muscles for that 11-page music thing.

Sorry. I just love rubbing things in, underlining stuff, highlighting important points, italicizing major words and such.

I'm quite drained after yesterday's quiz and celebration (of 4th place hihi) makan at Wok 'n Pan, though they were both very nice and enjoyable. So I'll only post about the two when I'm feeling more energetic.

This post is dedicated to the enthusiastic person who requested for an update! Here's to promoting your blog, Elena! *grin*

No comments: