Monday 24 March 2008

I Know It's Kinda Late... But Happy CNY! *Lame*

Chor Yeow came back from Germany for Chinese New Year, as I posted here.

Grandma picked this CNY to reveal a secret she'd been keeping for many years.

Wait. That sounds too mysterious. And probably a little criminal.

Grandma picked this CNY to pass down what I term her legacy - and what she termed something else in Chinese - to us, her grandchildren.



Rings of the Third Generation



Chor Hui, Chor Yeow, Sis, Shaun and I were there to collect our rings. Lin's ring would have to wait a year or two to meet its rightful owner.

Grandma bought gold rings for each of her grandchildren some time ago, for us to put on when we grow older. She didn't say it, but perhaps she felt that this was all she could do for us as an uneducated housewife from the time of the Japanese Occupation.



My ring. Credit goes to sis for her excellent photography.



My ring turned out to be too big for all my fingers (except the thumb - which isn't really called a finger), but I'll value it for the rest of my life. Because it tells me my icecream-loving Grandma thinks I'm worth gold to her. T_T

No comments: