Monday 7 January 2008

Do Titles Really Matter? Jeez.

My blog would be relatively full of photos if I could just activate my computer's Bluetooth.

Yeah.

That's all I wanted to say.

12.14am. People who go to school should sleep already. Shoo!


...................


I changed my mind. I want to say more.

After I blogged about not having close friends to share stuff with and all, both of them asked me for help and shared stuff with me. Not stuff as in material things, but as in problems & doubts.

Oh yeah, both of them actually called me up. So ironic. Maybe I'll just have to wait awhile before the mamak-ing and yamcha-ing comes along.

Rightttt.

And then I began to think (yeah, I actually think sometimes). I don't really like sharing my erm stuff (both material and problems - yeah, I'm selfish, as I've already confessed somewhere) with people. How on earth are they supposed to know that I'm dying because of some problem la?

So it's my fault things go one-way sometimes.

Anyway, updates for whoever wants to know. I might start working as a - get this - piano teacher for a little girl. Bua-ha-ha is what I usually hear when I hint that I might work. Well, go ahead and bua-ha-ha. Tsk.

Dad, Mum, sis and practically everyone else in church who's working have been telling me to enjoy the longest holiday that I'll ever have and to enjoy it by doing nothing. I always thought I was pretty good at doing nothing, but once I actually tried to get down to it, I realized it was really a most difficult task. I'm honestly good at sleeping and lazing around, but that's not nothing. Sleeping and lazing around are verbs - do-able things. How exactly do I do nothing?

The idea of doing nothing is a relative idea which is to be used with something else.

For instance, if Ken is being chased by a ferocious dog and I stand there looking silly-willy and watching him get chased, then of course I'd be doing nothing about the situation.

If someone on MSN asks me what I'm doing at the moment, and I said, "Nothing", of course it isn't to be taken literally, because I'm obviously doing something - I'm chatting with the person. And although in actual fact it shouldn't be so, the person's question becomes quite rhetorical.

Ahhh. The light dawns.

Doing nothing during the holidays simply means..... not working la.

Perrr.

Talk so long just to come back to one point.

Well (usually used when trying to justify loh-soh-ness).

No offense, but I've always felt that philosophers and psycologists do the same thing. Technically, all they do is summarize what each one of us knows in the deep recesses of our minds, and put them into words.

For instance, when Dad asked me what I should do in order to avoid another quarrel with Shaun (we quarreled and fought a lot in our younger days), I said, "Control my anger." He said, "Nope. Change your mindset, so that you won't get provoked by him."

If you think about it, it's actually what people do everyday.

For instance, A asks you if B is pretty. You try to avoid the question, but because you are persistently pressured to answer, you bluntly say, "No" and in so doing offend the person auditioned. A gives you a lecture and says that you shouldn't have said it quite like that. It's really not your fault, you argue, because your standards are so high that sometimes you think that the word "pretty" was invented for mere fun. You seriously can't be expected to lie through your teeth and say that the person cited is pretty when you really don't think that she is, or fake diplomacy.

When Lin was around (now in US), she always smiled when I presented my argument and said,

That's because you don't look at people through Jesus' eyes.

Really. Imagine what Jesus would see as He looks at that girl right there. A big bowl of ugly? Hollywood Top Ten Celebrity Lookalike? Nah. Probably...

She's okay.

...Anti-climax? Not if you knew how He'd say it. It would've been an honest statement, not a polite or courteous one to avoid hurting her, or a shrug-yeah-she's-ok statement. When He says okay, I believe He means it in the way
that somehow told the psalmist in Psalm 139:14 what he needed to know. That he was fearfully and wonderfully made. Yup. Don't know for sure what Jesus would say, but I know He'd look at B with those eyes that saw that ugly splinter of a cross, with the heart that determined to reach it anyway, and say with that voice:

B. You're okay.

See? Changing your mindset. We don't have to be psychologists to do it. We just need to put them into words. When Lin said, "Look at them through His eyes", what she meant was actually, "Change your mindset."

...

How'd I get this far?

Nevermind.

1.35am. Time to sleep. Tomorrow watching movie with Shaun and Ken. I think. I hope.

What other catchy phrases can you think of?

Nevermind.

Good morning, everyone~

And do feel guilty about staying up so late, school people.

2 comments:

ling said...

u gotta stop making ur blog sound like some mathematical solutions blog -_-

hwei said...

=P it's a habit. although i'm like a stone-age fella in mathematics compared to my sis. =.=