Wednesday 9 January 2008

Greetings from the USA

Lin called just now. All the way from America! Woohoo!

Anyway, after the call, I joined her club - the Life Overseas Is Tough, Appreciate Malaysia, People Club. Right now I really, really appreciate everything I have here. I always knew life overseas would be tough, but I didn't know the immensity of that toughness. Paying expensive rents, scavenging for second-hand books, living and dealing with people, finding out the tough way that your character isn't "environment-friendly", checking out bus routes yourself, standing outside in the winter cold an hour before class starts, finding out you need to look for a substitute tenant pronto, being so uncertain about the future, practically starving yourself everyday due to the scarcity of funds, sitting in a lecture hall for two hours not understanding a single word...

Tough life!! Maybe not to some of you out there, but it is to me. I can't even begin to describe it. They probably need to invent a new word for it. A word that has super, mega, hyper, duper and other such descriptive elements in it.

To those of you who are reading this, please pray for my cousin. If you were in her shoes, you'd want lots of prayer too.

Lin's call today told me that though I may not have the kind of friends I want, God has given me the kind of cousin (or cousins =D) I never dreamed of asking for and yet am thankful for.

God does know best, I guess. (it rhymes! it must be true! -quote Elsen- but only if you pronounce the two words the Manglish way =P)

Lin told me I must work at being independent also, so that I wouldn't trouble people next time. I know that is so true. The reason why I never wanted to start working (until the time I really have to la...) is because I know I'd bring chaos and misfortune upon my employer. No exaggeration here. I really believe so. I'm so blur, clueless and dependent that the employer will wish he never hired me.

Things to do:
  1. Pray for Lin
  2. Thank God for everything and everyone I have
  3. Stop complaining
  4. Entrust everything to Him cuz He's the best planner around
  5. Stop procrastinating
  6. Work at being independent
Note for Lin: You can do it! Jia you!

No comments: