Saturday 27 January 2007

Kelas Ganti & Children's Hour

I prepared the "script" yesterday till 11 something at night. My fault la. Auntie Yu Ming gave me some books to get ideas from, but I thought I left it in Dad's car, which went to Cameron Highlands until Thursday night. Dad said the books weren't there when mum called him, but I didn't believe cuz I didn't know where else to find the books ^^; So when he came back I checked, and really not there wor...

Throughout the whole week kept thinking about where the books can possibly be and how to teach the children. Almost rammed into a car while driving. Tsk.

5.30 am - Got up
6.30 am - Left for school (kelas ganti)
6.50 am - Sesat in Ong Kim Wee; couldn't find Jaymuda -_-"
6.57 am - Found Jaymuda
7.05 am - Got into Seoks' car and headed for MHS
7.15 am - Arrived in school
7.28 am - Realized I ter-brought my handphone to school in my pocket
7.35 am - Went to Seoks' car to put my hp inside; prefect on duty shaking head at me T_T
12.20 pm - Found out school wasn't till 12 pm but 12.40 pm
12.40 pm - Left school in Seoks' car
12.56 pm - Arrived at Jaymuda, picked up car
1.40 pm - Arrived home
1.45 pm - Make bomb & mandi kerbau
2.00 pm - Lunch
2.17 pm - Left for church
2.43 pm - Arrived in church
3.05 pm - Realized didn't bring most of the props
3.10 pm - Serious practice with Li Lian commenced
4.06 pm - Children's Hour!

It was ok, I guess.. Lots of syok-sendiri-ing on my part +_= Feedback:
  • Auntie Yu Ming - Teaching session was very alive cuz acted it out
  • Auntie Kiat Tin - Ok. The kids were very interested.
  • Little Ken - Very funny!
  • Little Amy - Very nice!
^^;

I've come to appreciate the people who commit to children's work a whole lot more. They're really one talented bunch!

I actually wanted to go make bomb wan before the thing (when I'm nervous I don't get sweaty palms or panic or vomit or wat.. I have to make bomb, which is why I try as much as possible to not feel nervous), but then Shaun asked me to help Yen with Come On and Celebrate, plus needed to practice the songs with Li Lian. Was also having a headache before and after. I just thank God my head felt perfectly fine when I was "teaching".

The songs we sang today:
  • This Is The Day
  • I'm A Missionary After All
  • I'm In The Lord's Army!
  • My God Is So Big
We were teaching on Elijah and the Baal prophets on Mount Carmel, so I thought we should sing about God's power today. I wanted to do "How Excellent Your Name Is", but we sang it last week during the combined session with the youth already. I love that song so much! It's such a sincere and simple outburst of praise to God, without all those Christian jargons and flowery stuff in it. And also it reminds me of Auntie Shirley la.. I first heard the song from her lips, and learned the "dance" from her. It's one of the few things I can remember about her. Still remember how she used to lift her hands in worship also. Wonder what other wonderful things I could've learned from her if she were still alive today.

I think I'm still much too "organized" or scripted for children's work. Supposed to be spontaneous wan rite. The last time I did the OA Sunday School sketch oso.. Oh that reminds me. I did have some experience with kids at the OA. How could I forget? ^^;;;;;;;;;; Bad memory!

I had fun doing this with Lian today and the kids were really really cute, especially when they did the "yum yum" and "bloop bloop" stuff during unc Rod's session hehe. Struck me how spontaneous and fun-loving they all are. They didn't even hesitate to do those funny antics that youths usually find embarassing. Couldn't help noticing that Chai Ho (my young cousin!) felt a little out of place though. Wish I could do more to make him feel welcome here. He speaks mostly Hokkien, and the only Hokkien words I know are:
  • Lu gong xi mi! ("I Do I Do")
  • Jiak peng (The only thing I understand when grandma talks to me)
  • Wa eh yia yia yia ("I Do I Do")
  • Pang ie kek seng tu la bin (When planning to leave Mr Hoh's bday cake at grandma's place)
  • Anekuan eh tai chi boh (Yen taught me from TV wan)
  • Wa eh lau beh xi liao (Hokkien rendition of Star Wars)
As you can see, they're mostly useless ones. The only thing I can think of doing for him is to give him sandwiches when I have some.

Maybe I should go for Hokkien classes.

Hmm.

All in all, I know that I couldn't have done it today without God and without all those people backing me up and encouraging me!

No comments: