Thursday 11 January 2007

Accident!

Yup.

I think I'll go learn about cars so that I'll know how damaged a car is, and which car is damaged less during an accident, so that I can properly evaluate the situation and at least know what to say when (ya, not if) I get into an accident.

Seoks was fetching me to dad's office in Ong Kim Wee after "house practice". We didn't actually have house practice cuz it rained. Yay!!!!

Seoks was following this white car pretty closely la (so close that dad would chew me out if I did it). The driver turned on the left signal and wanted to turn left, but he was really taking his time about it. Seoks braked, but then decided she'd overtake him from the right and zoom away. But as she was going to do it, she realized she couldn't cuz there wasn't enough space. So she braked again. Kinda sudden stop la. I mean, she was at about 10 km/hr but it still wasn't slow enough, I suppose.

CRASH! BOOM! BANG! PIANG!

No la. Not like that, but it felt like that. I thought we hit the front car, but it turned out it was the back one la. The Mercedes behind us had been going at 40 km/hr when Seoks braked the first time. I don't really understand what the fella was saying, but he said that it was her fault because she braked suddenly the second time. Seoks argued back and said that she braked the first time, and the second time she moved, it was dreadfully slow (which I agree with). He argued that he was going very slowly too at 40 km/hr. Seoks said: 40 heng kuai liao leh (which I agree with also. Of course, you do realize that I didn't voice out my agreement there and then..). Then he and his gf - I think - went on talking about how it was Seoks' fault for braking and then moving then braking again. So cuz my Mandarin is so teruk, I only managed to piece every bit of their conversation together after quite some time to learn that they were actually blaming the accident on Seoks' 2nd stop.

Frankly, I found their hujah-hujah pretty silly. If they were going at 40 km/hr, they would've knocked into her anyway the first time she braked. It was only because she moved again that they knocked into her a few seconds later. In fact, it was about 4 seconds after Seoks braked before I felt the boom crash and all that. So they were actually condemning themselves.

But as I said, my Mandarin is horrendous, so I didn't dare speak up about that in case nobody understood me and I had to repeat myself and face such an awkward moment. And also, Seoks was getting pretty garang and the guy looked like he was about to start a gaduh or something. His gf also looked like want to slap people already. Violence everywhere! Aargh!

Anyway Seoks called her uncle, and the gaduh-guy called his dunno-who. The owner of the Merz, I suppose. Wah that guy ar, lagi garang. He came with a cigarette in his hand, and a packet of cigarettes. Didn't dress up like a typical ah beng samseng la (or is it samseng ah beng? Hmm) but fuh the way he walked and talked, really like the along in Hokkien TV shows. The samseng-guy admitted that it was the Then the gaduh-guy spoke up and said he was going very slow. But then FUH the samseng-guy suddenly raised his voice and said (yelled):
Ni zhou ji man ye shi ni de chuo! Ni shi hou mian de che! Ni zhe chien mian zhe yang wo ye bu dong ni! Zi ji zao chien pei!
Doinks man. So garang. I really chuak lor. Anyway, the samseng-guy was all nice guy when he talked to Seoks' uncle, and he gave him the address of his mechanic friend, and told Seoks' uncle to go there to repair the car.

After that, Seoks apologized to the gaduh-guy for getting him into such hot soup.

And she said that maybe it was a fate for her to get into the accident cuz she never listened to her uncle's advice against following a car so closely.

So all's well that ends well.

Unfortunately it didn't end very well for the gaduh-guy.

No comments: