Sunday 21 January 2007

Church Break-in & Children's Hour

As Shaun wrote in his post, somebody (or some bodies hmm) broke into the church again. This time the police are taking it seriously la, probably cuz their evidence camera got stolen right under their noses.

Anyway, they took:
  • The refrigerator
  • Wine
  • Kettles
  • Thermo flask
  • Drums (yeah the whole thing.. but they dropped the cymbals on the way. Butter fingers tsk tsk)
  • Bass amplifier
  • Mics
  • Standing fan (aargh)
As I've been telling my group members and the girls during prayer meet, the judgment on the robbers would be far greater than our "losses". We could never bring the fridge to heaven with us anyway. (Why I mention the fridge? Cuz it's the most important one among the above ahem) But for those robbers, when they get to heaven for judgment, God will look straight at them and say:
You stole My fridge in 2007.
Or something like that.

It would sound quite as mild as it does here, of course. And that's only one sin. What about the many other sins they're bound to commit in future?

I don't regret that this incident happened. I mean, of course I wish the robbers hadn't robbed the church. But then I think this robbery has caused some of us to be more careful about the way we handle God's house and the things in that house. It's taught us some lessons, certainly, but as Jesus said, "Woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed" when He referred to Judas' betrayal leading to His death, so it'll be with those robbers. What they did taught us something, but it doesn't justify what they did.

Let's not be angry with them ya. They're so much more pitiful than us.

Oh ya. I'm teaching in the Children's Hour this Sat, with Li Lian. The only times I had with children in GLO, I spent playing the piano and acting as the beat-up guy in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Tsk.

I need some serious prayer.

Pray k.

No comments: