Saturday 25 November 2006

Today, Today, and Today

Christmas Choir

Mark's coming over later to discuss some stuff about the Christmas choir thingy. Mark's a fussy director, so I hope I won't be too intimidated haha ~

He just found out that the meeting on the 23rd is supposed to be evangelistic, so I suppose he'd have to make some changes to the programme that he already has in mind. Basically, it's all about explaining a christmas tree. The ornaments and decorations on the tree would help unfold the story of Christmas. For example (Mark's favourite quote), when we talk about the star at the top of the tree, the choir will sing about the star or something la, then the actors will do a sort of flashback to the days when the wise men followed the star to where Jesus was. As the narration continues, the bare tree will be fully decorated.

There's a problem though. Logically, the star should be the last to be revealed. Cuz it's sort of like the climax of the tree, plus it's literally the climax cuz it's at the top of the tree la. But if we were to mention it last, that would mean the story would be chronologically jumbled up cuz the story of the star begins first. So Mark is still wondering whether he should be chronologically accurate in terms of the story, or in terms of the order of appearance of the ornaments.

I think if the meeting is to be the regular Christmas service, it would be perfectly alright to do the latter one. But since it's evangelistic, the non-Christians would probably get confused if we jump about the story like that.

Lin says it'll be boring (actually she said it IS boring), and Mark said so himself, but... But what? I have nothing positive to say here haha. I was sort of thinking: If know boring then do somemore for what? It's perfectly reasonable for me to think that right ^^; Anyway, I think it's a pretty interesting concept. Lin says we should do a musical but not like the one we did last year. She wants some lively songs like the ones in The Phantom of the Opera. I was like, doink! Lively eh the ones in PTO? I thought they were quite ridiculous.

Anyway, Mark was supposed to be here at 8pm, but he messaged me to say he'll be a little late cuz he needs to have dinner with his mum, who came all the way here from Penang. I always thought it odd that Mark's always more than willing to spend his time and perhaps his whole life doing this sort of drama and play stuff, whereas his energy completely vanishes when he has to listen to a sermon in church or when he needs to study. Maybe he uses too much energy for his arts activities. Hmm. I salute him for his enthusiasm in working on projects like these though.

WinLinez and Eggs

This is the game that I'm currently interested in. Go check it out online la. It's supposed to be a logic game, but I don't think so la, since I can play it better than sis. It's kinda a known fact that I lack quite a bit of common sense and logic. Ok la, maybe not too much of logic, more of common sense. But sis is supposed to be more logical than me. Hmm.

It's the only game I can beat her at. The Eggs game is horrendous, in my opinion. I'm like the only one in the house who can't play it -_- It's a game where you have to make the egg jump from one egg basket to another one. There's a timer going on, but it's kind of um ignorable. Eh? I thought there wasn't such a word, but then the dictionary says there is. Muahahha. I'm smart la. Ahem.

Anyway, the main objective of the game (ignoring my perasanness heheh) is to get the egg to the topmost basket, with a FINISH banner over it. There isn't a High Score Board cuz everyone gets the same score when they arrive at the last basket. The time used isn't even recorded, so personally I feel it's a silly game. Ahem. Not because I can't play it! Bluek.

Sufes

Sis and I are going to work at Sufes for a day on Monday cuz Lin will be going up to Shah Alam, Sin Lan will be in KL (I think), the other worker "retired" already, and the superviser will also be in KL. Hope no customer on that day hehehe. Now I know how Mel and Ju feel when they were working at Salvation ^^; But this is kinda different la. The system here is quite disorganized, and the books are mostly for the Chinese-Ed. I can read and write a little Chinese la, but suppose they asked me to search for a Chinese dunno-what book by a dunno-who author - how am I supposed to survive la? I was telling sis I'd be in charge of the phone. Then I'll only have to say:
Hello, this is Pustaka Sufes. How may I help you?
Sounds so pro somemore right! But then sis said:
If they speak in Mandarin, how?
...............................................Silence.................................................

Qing den yi xia. (Jie! Take the call!)
See? So easy. I mmg pandai.

Anyway, I'm off to play WinLinez somemore. Buhbye ~

No comments: