Thursday 5 April 2012

another soul.

"eh tsehwei, going for lawnite?"
 
"no..."
 
"why!?"
 
"my grandma's 90th birthday."
 
"ah yes, that one more important, that one more important."
 
 
 
and just like that,
that was our last conversation.



i remember leaving the cafe that day with a smile on my face,
thanking God for the timely encouragement
that assured me that i wasn't giving up my final prom
for something less.




"do you know where to find a mechanic?"

"near you ah? section 17 got. i take you there tomorrow."



and just like that,
that was the last time i heard his voice.
in a phone conversation with hooi ping
about my punctured tyre.
 
 
 
 
 i remember wondering
why i never knew he was such a kind person before.



i'm thankful that these are the thoughts and feelings
i was left with.
 
but still,
 
i lost a friend.

again i ask myself 
why i never tried harder with this friend.

but today it is not about me.

today it is about his family,
his two best friends who lost a comrade,
and my coursemates who were closer to him than i ever was.

so much to pray for.

will you pray with me?

RIP,

Wee Wai Hwa.
 
 

1 comment:

ling said...

i'm so sorry for your loss dear.

*hugs*