Thursday 25 March 2010

this time i'm addressing EVERYONE.

Thank you for your comments on the chatbox, whoever all of you are.

But as someone said, we're all in one Faculty, so let's not fight. 

It's okay to defend your friend. My friends are defending me, and the friends of those who are not on my side are defending them. It's okay. We're being loyal to our friendships and to our principles. That's awesome. 

But all I want to do is write. Writing is my life. Writing is part of me. Writing and me are like bread and butter. One may perhaps do without peanut-butter on bread, but bread without butter is just too plain to be real bread. 

So please, read these next lines carefully. Come up with a conclusion only after you have heard my side of the story and fully understood it, okay?


-Puan Halida-

The post about Puan Halida was a genuine and honest sigh of resignation from someone who feels cheated of sleep rightly deserved. If class was supposed to be at that hour in the original schedule, I would be happy to be happy about going to class. But it isn't. So I feel cheated. I would like very much to not be forbidden from having feelings and expressing them on my own blog. However, I do not entirely disagree that it may have been verging on being disrespectful, hence I have removed it. Plus, I complain about the 8am class, but I still go for it. Reluctantly, no doubt, but still, I attend. 


-News from the Little Pink Bird #2-

The post about the final years is, I think, the main source of discontentment. If you do not understand what is this "News from the Little Pink Bird #2", it simply means that you did not read the post, and do not understand the underlying issue. So please refrain from commenting further, because some news may be distorted if you do.

A matter of deep, deep, clarification: When I said "final year students" at the end of my very verbatim production of the conversation in the computer lab (Yong Shuang will testify to this), I meant the two final year students I'd been talking about, NOT the entire batch of final years. It's like when a math teacher doesn't know how to do algebra, and we say: "Math teacher", referring to the fact that he/she isn't very math teacher-like at all.

In this regard, I think only the final year students I was really talking about should resent the post. The rest of you are not involved at all. I didn't even think of you when writing it. Anyhow, if the two final year students would like to contend with what I wrote, I would gladly apologize if I made a mistake in producing the conversation, but not otherwise.

In writing the post, please understand that I wasn't trying to insult people who skip classes. I know many friends who do it, and I don't insult my friends. You all know what you do, and if you have been doing it without shame before, then there should be no cause for shame now. Again, DO NOT MISINTERPRET THIS SENTENCE as being insulting.


-"Fred"-

I quote a conversation between a certain "fred" and me on the chatbox a few pages back:  

Fred: "Hey lawyer, pay up copyright fees!"
Me: "What copyright fees you talking about? Sue you for defamation ar. Ahaha."

This "fred" is Frederick Low, a friend of mine, who is NOT a final-year student, and who is NOT even in KL. It was a private joke between us prior to a post where I wrote what he'd blurted on one occasion. When I'd told him I wanted to write what he'd said, he'd replied, "I'm gonna claim copyright fees". In reply, I'd said, "Sue you for defamation ar. This statement's original." 

I feel the attacks on my knowledge of defamation was uncalled for, because it had nothing to do with the issues at hand in the first place.

This correction is for those who thought that I was insulting a final-year student claiming copyright fees to that photograph of Puan Sujata.


-The Controversial Photograph-

This is also a large contribution to the current dispute. The photograph of Puan Sujata was taken from a final-year student's Facebook photo collection. I admit that I neglected to consider that not everyone shares their photos freely without acknowledgment. To Agnes Wan, I'm sorry I used the photo without permission. I'd only wanted to show how pretty Puan Sujata is, and hadn't thought that it would be so offensive.




-Comments and Tabloid-ness-

I welcome comments, provided they are moderate and substantiated. I address this next line to my friends and the seniors alike: Please refrain from calling names, because it hurts the person you address.

Again, your loyalty to your respective friends is admirable, but let's use other means of communicating that defence, ok?

For those who have had NO IDEA what I've been talking about in the subjects above, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GIVING FURTHER COMMENTS. Because things have been blown out of proportion by people who only hear of what's going on from other people, and it makes things worse. From now on, I will only respond to comments from people who have read the blog posts. If you haven't, kindly stay out of any of this.


To those who feel like they need to confront me, please do. I welcome confrontation. Please do not shout, or call names, or attack, because I will not respond to such modes of communication. Because when one is shouted at, or called names, or attacked, one will likely do the same in response. And I don't want that. 


I will apologize if I have to, but please, let's settle this in the best way possible, because the Final Exams are coming up, and I believe everyone is already stressed out. I don't need this extra aggravation, and I think you don't too.
Thank you to all who have read till the end. 

I will not respond to anyone who doesn't fully read this blog post.

13 comments:

Shuang said...

Good post tse hwei~!

Really admire your way of handling emotions & the way you response to issues.

I know it must be awful when someone leave some negative words in your blog while u have already been penning happily & bona fide-ly since long long time ago.

But as you said, freedom of speech. blog is an open space for bloggers to express their thoughts n feelings. on the other hand it's opened for people to comment. it all depends on how we reconcile our emotion with all those problems, and i know you sure can do this very very well, no other reason but because you are lim tse hwei. :)

Whatever it is i hope this matter wont stop you from writing.

Alot of people are feeding your blog. So don't disappoint us and keep writing ya.

Cheers
Yong Shuang

hwei said...

Thank youuuuuuu! ^_^

This post is the calm after the storm. My emotions were quite stormy yesterday. Haha. The support from all of you has helped a lot. A LOT. Thank you again.

And you're right, other people have the right to comment too.

I won't stop writing. But prolly write with a bit more caution. Haha... =D

Stefienoki said...

thumbs up! I will always stand by ur side! ^^

Jason said...

nice one tse hwei^^ Keep on writing gal! -Jason

hwei said...

[Seoks] Thanks! T_T

[Jason] Thanks! I will. =)

SimianD said...

A long time ago when I started blogging, I remember a few conversations in which I discussed with friends the extent to which a blogger may be open on his/her blog.

Many of those discussions were centred on the 'publicness' of blogs, and some of these friends felt that blogs are simply too public to be used as so-called diaries in the traditional sense.

I've always disagreed; these days I am less verbose on my blog, but I maintain my conviction that my blog is my own little 'private space' on the internet.

I assume that those who want to read my blog, want to know what I am thinking and feeling. And if that is what they want, I ought not to disappoint.

I don't know if the TwitterBook generation has changed the nature of how blogs work, or if they've relegated blogs to Division One of online journalling, but I remain persuaded that blogs are the truest online 'walls' where one may wail away, come what may.

(Of course, bearing full responsibility for what's written lah.)

Go Tse Hwei!

Smile said...

Awesomely written... very well worded. i see no reason for anyone to misunderstand you after this. Smiles. Please do consider my request of finding out who the psuedoname users are... Some of them are so very funny! Nyahaha! Personal call by me to Sexstify, please identify yourself... i'm aching to know who u r... by aching i mean the stomach cramps i'm having after laughing at what you wrote, and the name of choice. DAMN COOL!!!!

chelsea said...

Hehe..good gal dun cry liao...
hw cud u remove comment suka hati?
so many famous ppl read ur blog le..
damn proud..hee...
my cow oso tumpang d pride!! kekeke

hwei said...

[Ben] Thanks, Ben. Nice to see my thoughts being echoed so well. =)

[Fellow Bozo] Thanks. =D I think you should start the identity-hunting blog we talked about. Hahahahaha!

[Moo] Yeah! Don't want to cry d. Thanks for the continuous support through all this. ^_^ Famous people. Right. -_-" Your cowS! Don't forget the pink one. Ahahaha~

jira said...

hey girl,
two thumbs up!!
its good that this thing finally died down a little. and i agree wif shuang, this is something u have been writing abt since ever. no one has the right to stop u from writing whatever isit that u want. its not like there are any acts that prevent u from doin so. (i checked, they cant claim u for defamation. the elements are not fulfiled) hahahha=)


anyways, do hope u dont lose ur enthusiasm abt writing and openly writng about all matters. please do. juz know that, we will be here to support u eh.. all 100 future lawyers of our badge..[well...., maybe at the least 50...give or take..] haha
cheers!!

hwei said...

LOL LOL LOL to the max. You actually checked the elements? Ahahahaha!

"50... give or take..." --> ROFL.

Lawaklah you. Thanks ya. I really appreciate all the support I've been getting from all of you. 50 is more than enough. =)

jira said...

hahahaha!=) yeah, thought that would cheer u up.=)
and
awwww....=)

hwei said...

It did! Hahahaha.

=D