Monday 13 June 2011

i don't think.

Eh. I do.

It's an incomplete sentence ok. I.e.:

I don't think that it's impossible to explain attraction, or non-attraction.

I'm not attracted to buff guys. At all. 
I'm not attracted to guys who don't talk about anything other than sports.
I'm not attracted to guys who don't watch movies.
I'm not attracted to guys who don't laugh.
I'm not attracted to guys who don't want to learn.
I'm not attracted to guys who don't have an opinion.
I'm not attracted to guys who argue without listening first.


What's difficult to explain is why you chose that one person among so many in the same category.

This is in response to those soppy movies that say, "you should never ever be able to explain why you love someone".

Yup, I know some couples say that too, and so do some counselors, but I think that statement by itself is incomplete. And it doesn't make sense at all, actually, without some qualifications.

How can you not explain why you don't like a guy who farts loudly in public places?
Or sneezes into a handkerchief, then shoves it in your face?
Or says "I don't know and I don't care" to everything you say?
Or says you're fat every time you ask?
Or wears a William Hung fan shirt when he goes out with you?
Or does drugs?
Or doesn't flush after he poops?

We all like certain things in certain people, and that's a fact.

And we all dislike certain things in people.

You discover more things that you like and dislike along the way, which you learn to love and live with eventually, but you start somewhere with something.

I sound random, but I've been thinking about this for a very long time. Like, ever since I watched Winter Sonata, where that guy said that to the girl about her fiance.

Picture taken from this site.

And it sounds really petty, but I've got to write it here, otherwise it'll be like having the solution to a Sudoku puzzle but keeping it in your head.

CANNOT.

And the reason why I'm still awake is because I woke up at 10.15PM after five hours of sleep.

But don't worry,
Fortunately, sleeping is a hobby.

Good morning!