Saturday 12 February 2011

yesterday’s BBQ.

-Peter's Complexion-

 

Me

Hey there was a time when you were fairer right?

 

Peter

Ya. Now I've been under the sun a lot.

 

Me

Oh.

 

Peter

I've been meaningless.

Me

Hah?

 

Peter

"Everything under the sun is meaningless."

 

Ref: "I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind" (Ecclesiastes 1:14)

-Fill my cup-

 

Me

Hey, Phil, can you fill my cup?

 

Ben

Ah, Phil. “Phil my cup!”

 

Chian Ming

Oh my goodness. Stop it la, Ben.

 

Ben

It's like in the Bible, when the writer says that "'Isaac' sounds like the Hebrew for 'he laughs'". People were named after what they were destined to be. So 'Phil' sounds like the English for 'fill'.

 

*a few seconds pass*

 

Chian Ming

Eh, Phil. Phil my cup! Haha!

 

Me

I thought you told Ben to stop it? –__-

 

Chian Ming

Ya, but now I think about it, actually quite funny. Phil, Phil my cup!


-Lamb-

 

Chian Ming

Oh, this lamb is SO GOOD.

 

Me

It's the lamb of God.

 

Ben

Ah, even the lamb said, "Why do you call me good?"

Ref: "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29) & "'Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered." (Luke 18:19)



n623153249_1115031_5757Ben

This is what happens after too much Bible study. Thanks for all the lameness tonight, Hwei.

 

 

 

25851_416200810916_676555916_5218679_5971131_n

Me

Eh. You're the one who was lame tonight.

No comments: