Friday 8 October 2010

Jason:

"How come every time I see you, you're working wan? Are you a workaholic?"


Maybe.

I like seeing my planner fill up as the days go by.
I like being on the go.
I like having something to do.
I like looking for something to do when I have nothing to do.

At the same time, I like to procrastinate, I enjoy watching a good cartoon (Avatar the Last Airbender), a good comedy (The Big Bang Theory) and a good clip (How I Met Your Mother: Slapsgiving Day) every now and then, and I don't seek to do more than I know I can, which is the easiest route to doing nothing at all in the end.

So I guess there's hope for this child.

I'm not really a workaholic in the truest sense, just as a constructive trustee isn't a trustee in the truest sense of the word. 

I'm just someone who likes to accomplish things.

I think that's what we're all built for, because we were made in the image of our Creator, and He accomplishes things.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
God created man in His own image, 
In His image He created him;
Male and female He created them.
God saw all that He had made, 
And it was very good.

- Genesis 1:1, 27, 31 -


And it was very good.

Isn't that exactly how we feel when we do something well?

People say I'm a perfectionist, and I may very well be one. But I think there is a fine line between sloppiness and the bare minimum, one between the average and the good, another between the good and the best, and still another between the best and the perfect.

I don't always strive for what is perfect, because I cannot. I mostly strive for what is best.
But there is One who does all things well. His work is the aspiration of all who have already strove for the best.


---

"Are you the kind who will go back on time when you start work ah?"
"Nope."

2 comments:

SimianD said...

Love the symbolism of the pawn picture.

Some big ambitions, eh? ;-)

hwei said...

Yups. =D