Thursday 12 August 2010

third parties.

Reading Seoks' blog reminded me of a conversation I had with someone not too long ago.

Someone asked me: "I like this girl. She has a boyfriend already. But that's not fair, because I knew her first, since secondary school. I can still go after her right?"

Because all's fair in love and war.

He didn't say that, but I could almost hear him say it.

I got very angry. Not at him but at the thought he entertained, which is the same thought so many people entertain these days.

I think that it's CRAP to bring up how long you've known a person, RUBBISH to use it as an excuse to justify the very wrong act of going after someone already attached to someone else.

I replied, 

"If YOU fell in love and didn't do anything about it, no matter how long you've known the girl, it's YOUR loss to bear, not her boyfriend's. How would YOU feel if someone did that to you and said what you said?"

All's fair in love and war? This must be the stupidest phrase in the world.




I dare you to look at the casualties around you in war and say that phrase again. Would 'fair' even be in your vocabulary?

There are some thoughts that will make me go mad with anger, and this is one of them. 

Don't try your luck.

2 comments:

Stefienoki said...

of course is not right for someone to say "i can still go after her since I knew her first" although she is already attached to someone. this is smtg like merampas d...

wat i meant by 3rd party is not to be blamed is for those who didn't intend to break ppl's r/s. it's just by nature he/she appear. and when a r/s break it's bcoz problems were already existed btw the couples.

Amy said...

nothing has been fair since the day Adam took the fruit and chose to be disobedient. And the biggest unfair is the death of christ on the cross. So he understands everything and had redeemed everything. Let's look to his hand of mercy and his sufferings when we are overwhelmed by the unfairness in this society; and know that our savior understands because he has underwent everything so much more than our agony now.

Don't look to human; not one of us will be able to pass the test, no matter how we justified our motives and circumstances. The only thing unchangeable is God.