Thursday 12 August 2010

“i want to go back to the way things were.”

cb054564 

And someone replied,

“You won’t want to be where you were. You want to be stronger, because you extended and experienced grace.”

The past isn’t a burden. It’s a part of me.

Not so much me, but a shadow of who I am now.

It’s hard to look back, harder still to talk about some things.

Because I’m in the Moving On phase, and I want to keep it that way.

But like this picture suggests,

I suppose carrying the past is part of moving on.

2 comments:

SimianD said...

"Carrying the past is part of moving on."

Maybe you're right.

Am thinking a lot about these things lately. Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

someone once told me that when I have made a choice I shouldn't look back so that i won't regret. But the song "all the way my savior leads me" came to mind. And I told God that i wanna look back because i am confident that i can look back and praise God that he had led me all the way. I feel like as I grow older I live up more and more to my messed-upness. But all the more I realize about my imperfects and weaknesses and how God's grace, mercy and strength come real for me to rescue me. Let's trust that he really does know everything that happens and everything is in his control.

our past, no matter good or bad, is gonna be for good in the future. Jeremiah 29:11. when we are helpless, we know that the only thing we can do is to trust him to provide. This was the one lesson i learned while I was in Japan.

move on and add oil! :)