Wednesday 25 August 2010

louis sang:

"I'm not a boy, not yet a man."

Seriously. He did. Haha.

But that got me thinking as I drove home. 

I think it's easy to be a woman. 

It's easy to 'grow up' for those necessaries of life - the stress that needs to be handled, the youth in church who needs to be encouraged, the Bible Study that needs to be led, the concert that needs to be performed, the marketing call that needs to be made, the trip home that needs to be taken...

It's hard not to rush through childhood. 

Then suddenly, you realize you've rushed through it after all, and adulthood will last you a lifetime.

I remembered the time Seoks, Chiao Wern, Shae Lyn and I went on an all-girls outing and laughed the night away.

Then there was the time at PJGH's Young Adults CG when the girls went off to pray in that little room, and we giggled. I realized I hadn't giggled in a long time.

I was always Tse Hwei the pianist, Tse Hwei one of the youth leaders,  Tse Hwei the Christian, Tse Hwei the secretary, Tse Hwei the younger sister, Tse Hwei the older sister, Tse Hwei the lame, Tse Hwei the law student.

Somehow, I missed out on being Tse Hwei the girl.

The Rodents (Amreeta, Thulcy, Chelsea) and I are planning an all-rodents outing soon. 

I'm secretly (though now not secretly anymore la since it's written here) hoping to recover some of that lost girliness.

7 comments:

twyeo said...

haha, regirlisation and u labeled this as meditations!

wear a lot of skirts and keep ur hair super long then u'd do fine.

Stefienoki said...

YTW, that's only by appearance... wont give the feeling of being gals..

Hwei, u r always a girl to us... ^^
just live and be wat u want to be... age is not a matter...

hwei said...

[Teck Wei] It's a good meditative topic ok. I've been wearing skirts and have been keeping long hair since kindergarten!

[Seoks] Well said. Wheeee~ Awwwwwww thank you. T_T Yeah, but I still think about the times past when I could have been in groups of girls more often instead of always eating/reading/walking by myself @ with the guys. Huhu.

SimianD said...

[Hwei] Maybe you should cut your hair short and wear more jeans or leather pants.

Perhaps a wardrobe reversal will accelerate the regirlisation. Who knows.

twyeo said...

haha, that's why i said u'd do fine! just keep up with the girls clothes - u're feminine enough okay.

chelsea said...

WAAATTTTT?? ALLLL-rodents outing??
u invited ALLLL hamsters, guinea pigs,chipmunks, mice eh?
pest assembly ah???
lmao

saun said...

Woah woah, you had me thinking i had 2 brothers for a while there. got me worried!