Monday 12 April 2010

stuff that make you go hee-hee.

Cheesecake and apple juice in the fridge, 
fishballs in Mum's yummy-smelling soup in the kitchen, 
a piano on my left in the hall, 
a television right in front of me, 
internet connection downstairs, 
a clock on the wall that says it's only 7.03pm, 
Scampy (Scampy is not my dog) barking outside, 
Ms Sharon's lollipop on the table, 
Ken's Batman action-figure staring at me from atop his Bible...


You know, 
Like Terry said the other day, this really is the life to me.
Maybe I really have the gift of voluntary poverty.*
=.=
After all, haven't I always said that the Kenari is my dream car?

Ah, these may seem like a fool's joy to the world,
but they are riches to me.




*as discovered one fine CG night.

4 comments:

twyeo said...

cost and worth are two very different thing.

twyeo said...

things.

SimianD said...

Er.. sounds more like voluntary frugality rather than poverty.

Poverty would probably mean no kitchen, certainly no piano, no television, definitely no internet, and of course no action figures.

Then again, considering how even the most rural settlements these days have Astro, I think we need to redefine poverty.

:-P

hwei said...

[Teck Wei] Hm hm.

[Ben] Was about to agree, and then I thought of the truly poor. ^_^"