Tuesday 14 October 2008

Trapped.

Neh, this isn't one of those "I feel trapped" posts.

I WAS trapped. In the bathroom.

With a shower that trickled every few seconds.

And then I bathed with yellow water.

Ah.

Joy.

On the brighter side...

I have Photoshop!

Though the price that comes with it is well... pretty much like bathing with yellow water.

And so here I am, trudging on, photoshopping with my unphotoshopable photoshop skills.

This is one of those moments I can say I tried to do something (but failed? hope not.) I can't really do.

Anyway, I went to watch the Lantern Festival event in the college. The video was awesome. Awesome means I laughed my head off. I enjoy watching comedies (immensely), but I don't enjoy watching comedies in the cinema. Why watch an RM9 comedy by celebrities in the cinema when you can get the same deal *FREE* with lay actors in other public places?


-from here on I may blog in bullet form except without the bullets cuz I malas-


I listened to Anna play the piano for Vivian the way I taught her, and I couldn't help feeling a bit bangga. Heh. Not because I'm a good teacher (because I readily admit that I'm not), but because she's a good student. She completely developed the technique I taught her. Fuh. Macam Naruto.

We finished preparing the case bundle for our mooting exercise next week, and I must say it's been such a joy representing a client who wants to claim for infringement of his freedom of speech because he's not allowed to drop a car from his helicopter to demonstrate its solidity and fine suspension.

I went to the Footstool Players' drama, That Crazy Little Thing Called Love again. I went with Chelsea, Evelyn, Jason, Jira, Liverpool and Louis this time. Sam Leong and Su came round to drive us there, and I got to experience the get-people-to-fetch-me-and-pals to church event thing again. It was kind of nice to not be the one cracking my head over transportation and driving around fetching people.

Not that I don't miss playing host.

...

Ok, I don't miss it that much.

But I don't really mind it either la.

It's just that playing the guest is way easier than playing the host. Even when I socialize with people in PJGH and Life Chapel, all I do is smile and be nice and responsive when they talk to me. I don't have to worry about making anybody feel welcome or comfortable when I talk to them. Most of all, I am in control because I can choose to feel welcome or unwelcome.

Is this what I was meant to do?

I do find it easier to bring people to church and events by being free to mingle and run about as I please, instead of being tied down in church as a committee member or as a member who's supposed to socialize.

I went for Law CG on Wednesday. I don't know why, but I felt an ease I've never felt before in CG. I didn't judge their every word and gesture, but found myself wishing I could write down every single one of those in my handphone's notes. They weren't lame or loud anymore. Have they changed? Or have I?

I went for PKVUM on Friday. Uncle Phye Keat (Ms Choong's husband) spoke on Atypical Hypocritical, which means "a type of hypocrite", not "a typical hypocrite". It was a very profound and applicable talk, and I found myself filling both sides of the handout with blue ink.

I went for Youth Fellowship on Saturday. I was weaved into Jason's class by Juen. Sam (Lee) chuckled and said, "Bye, hwei, have fun in the underaged class" before he ran off to the - I don't know - aged class (there, snubbed you) with Anderson. I was introduced to the 5 people in the room, and I really can't see how a class with a 28-year-old, a 20-year-old, and three 19-year-olds, makes for an underaged class. I wonder how old the people were in Sam's class. Hah.

The class is doing a series on Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Last week's lesson was on Passionate Love. I missed it. Because I was in Malacca. The one I attended was Words of Affirmation.

YF wasn't what I had expected at all.

Firstly, I am now known as Sharon. Time is too short to tell you why.

Secondly, it was only when I was with those people in that little room that I began to wonder when I had last bared my soul to another. Not just my diary or my blog. To another person. Something alive that I can understand and be understood by.

It was a good time of sharing, and I was moved by the sincerity and genuineness with which those boys and girl shared. I'd never thought I'd find a guy who can actually be honest abouthow he feels.

My criteria for a guy is #1 Christian #2 Malacca boy #3 Right priorities. The fourth, which is an implied term, and which is implied by the officious bystander test (ok, ignore all that), is honesty and genuineness. He must be someone I can perceive to be a man, and yet call a boy. So few of those around. The Gazebo scene in the Footstool drama remains the one scene I can really relate to. The words of the wife ring through my head:
I feel like you've let me love you more in the past 5 minutes
than I have ever loved you in the past 5 years.


I went to PJGH on Sunday. As Ruth, Pei Win, and I walked in, the elder's wife walked past us, and greeted me. My two friends looked at me oddly and Pei Win asked,
"Did she just call you Manchester?"


Ah. Long story.

To cut it short, I found the PJGH-ians at YF uber friendly, and for the 3 hours I spent there, PJ felt like home.

I know I have built a reputation of "criticizing Jalan Gasing" among PJGH-ians (aha), and prolly got some PJGH-ians reading also, but I don't care! Nyeh nyeh. =P

I didn't mean to condemn anyone anyway; I just write what I see, the way I see it.

It may well be that I have been blinded by home-sickness, or maybe I am blinded now, but I shall now write what I see:


I see MGC right here in Jalan Gasing.


And here's the way I see it -

Maybe MGC flew over in those two days, maybe not. But this I know - there is new motivation for me to continue to try to be a good, responsible member of Christ's body where I am. There is a ministry here which has a single empty place for me, and it is my duty to fill it.

As usual, this post about Jalan Gasing will end with a summary of names:


Anderson,
Cheng Sze,
Desmond,
Ei Leen,
Eu Bing,
Geng Yi,
Grace,
Jason,
Jon Lee,
Juen,
Kie Ron,
Pei Win,
Richard,
Sam,
Shing Lung.



What these names mean to me I shall keep in my heart and ponder as I click the Publish button.

2 comments:

Shuen said...

I think your names are piling up. ^_^

hwei said...

yeah. that's a good thing. hee. will go for YF a few more times and see whether i'll continue going or stick with the adults' CG on fri. hm hm.