Monday 20 October 2008

I got a new cup. (after i broke the last one *paiseh*)

i looked. i saw. and i knew it was the one.
"jie, i got feelings for this cup."
"oklah, buy lor."



Fear not, for I have redeemed you
I have called you by your name
You are Mine.

Isaiah 43:1


Was just thinking in the bathroom.

Seniors always tell me that chambering is completely different from studying law in university. It is beyond what I can possibly imagine now. I struggle to grasp that concept.

Is it very much like how one can attend so many BGR talks and be so informed about marriage, and yet walk into married life one day, look around and say, "Yoh, this is way beyond what I imagined"?

Or is it very much like how one can attend so many sermons and be so informed about God, and yet walk into heaven one day, look around and say, "Yoh, this is way beyond what I imagined"?

Someone once said that perhaps in heaven, music can be seen.

To see music, grasp it, hold it, and enjoy it tangibly.

Having perfect pitch means I "see" music. It's in my head. Like whenever I listen to a song, I "see" it in my head. Notes floating about in the air just waiting to be caught. I see them. I reach out, and catch hold of them, one by one. Then I place my hands on the piano, and I place each note where it belongs.

But still.

Seeing music outside the mind. That is beyond imagination.

I watched an episode of Star Gate SG-1 once (me = big fan of sci-fi series). There was this bunch of people from some super advanced planet, and they had this radio-like thing that could translate feelings from one person to the other.

Cool, huh?


He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Also He has put eternity in their hearts,
except that no one can find out the work that God does
from beginning to end.


Ecclesiastes 3:11


Mayhap this eternity that is in our hearts truly exists in the eternity that is prepared for us in heaven?

2 comments:

Me-lvin said...

I have the Star Gate movie!

hwei said...

I have the Star Gate series! Haha.