Wednesday 6 February 2008

Let's See... What Other Interesting Titles Are There Besides "Updates"?

Ken challenged me to a wrestle today. My mission was to fling him onto the couch three times in one minute.

"Must until the moving thing on the clock reach one round!!"
"It's called one minute, Ken."

After I flung him onto the couch the first time, he intelligently realized I could do it three times quite easily. And so he crawled on the floor and stuck to it like UHU glue to pretty much anything.
And so I lost to a 10-year-old boy at wrestling.

**

Shaun got a new cover for his bed. It fits him perfectly.

He insisted on blogging about it, so I'll leave the pictures etc to him.


Spoiler: Ken said that if he couldn't sleep, he could now count sheep.

It rhymes, so it must be true. [Copyright (C) El Sen]



**


The website for applications to government universities is now open. I don't know what course to register for besides Law. I mean, there are 8 spaces there =.= If I add any other courses to the 3 Law courses I've already put in, the chances of getting Law would be much slimmer. But if I put just Law... tak dapat macam mana?

I know I want to do Law, I really want to do Law, and I die-die also want to do Law. But does the government share my passion? Without the government's approval, my dream stays a dream.

What will my diary be like after March and June? Will it be full of joyful thanksgiving to God, or consolations for myself and struggles to thank God in spite of all?

Frankly, I'm afraid.

**
I've started on the questions for our DMSJ contestants in PowerPoint form. Yup, I like giving myself work to do.

**

Someone called me a vinedresser.

Someone's Dictionary: Vinedresser = penganggur.

-_-"

**
I missed watching Sweeney Todd with Yen and the rest.

**
Shin Shin is back from the UK!!!!!!! I missed meeting her before the 2nd day of Chinese New Year because I missed watching Sweeney Todd with Yen and the rest.

**

Chinese New Year is here~ The world will be filled with red again. I like red, but not when there's too much red. And I personally think red doesn't go very well with gold / yellow. Maybe when the colours are on a princess's super glamourous dress, but not on angpows and lanterns. And the deafening and irritating sound of the drums and Chinese New Year songs are really... deafening and irritating. It's not like I'm being biased or ashamed of the Chinese culture, but I never liked loud and choir-like (like when they sing the Chinese songs in one voice) music anyway.

Many Chinese think that Christians are deserting their heritage and roots by preferring "Western" stuff like Christmas and... I don't know... black stuff (?) to Chinese New Year and other Chinese cultures and traditions. While we have the right to exercise our individual taste and preference, I suppose we do give the impression that we're ashamed of our heritage sometimes. Like when we can't even speak a proper Chinese sentence or write our name in Chinese.

Chinese New Year resolution (copy Shaun): To study Chinese all over again and improve my oral skills. I found my English-Chinese dictionary! I mean, the one Lin lent me *sheepish grin* Anyway, I was saying: I found my English-Chinese dictionary! So as long as I have sufficient discipline, the resolution shouldn't be a problem. =.=


There. Isn't that too much red?


**


By the way, I heard something on the radio and thought it was really nice. Here's the MV - "Teardrops On My Guitar" by Taylor Swift:



The guy mentioned at the start of the song, Drew, is a real-life person in her real. He also knows that he's the guy in the song ^_^" The chorus is especially touching. Who doesn't appreciate a forlorn true
one-sided-love story? And I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who can really relate to this song for their own reasons.

But if it's that hard to hold on, then...

Just let go.

Just let go.

7 comments:

Sherene said...

sweeney todd very bloody!

promote canibalism oso!

but use music as monolog ( u like? ), even to the point of dying still sing -.-"

that evil judge! tak belajar undang-undang ar? budak kecil pun gantung sampai mati! cold blooded!u must study law properly lor...

cluelessfreak said...

ehhh...shin din go lah. reach there nie i know. but din update u. woops.....wow..u really have time d eh. ur blog so many pics..habis mine. too many words d.

hwei said...

To Sherene: Izzit ar? Everyone also said so hmm hmm. Err till die also sing? Like Phantom of the Opera la, kena cekik d still can sing ^_^" Some ppl love music too much, I guess... Sweeney Todd was in mid-19th century rite? I think still can gantung kid to death. I think la. I also belum study law =D

To Yen: Shin didn't go? Ohhhh... Must be she watched before izzit? Cuz she also said not nice. Eh then you bought the tics d then how? My pics all grab from other ppl and internet wan T_T Sadnyerrr... Yours ok wat. A lot of words but very berisi!

cluelessfreak said...

zheng said she didn't want to waste time watching in mlc. so she went shopping that nite. nope we didn't buy the tics ahead. so we bought only 4 lo.

hwei said...

ooooo shopping spree... (sounds like my sis).

Chen said...

oii...i tot u said u noe that God wants u to do law one? Or did I hear wrongly. But if i am right then u must have faith lah!^^Y <---peace sign

hwei said...

yeah, i'm pretty sure. what i dread is all the struggling and suffering along the way e.g. tak boleh masuk uni =.= after my msdc and form 6 application experiences, i just don't feel like going through all that again *faints*