Wednesday 3 February 2016

series of bad decisions.

Have you ever felt like you've been making a series of bad decisions?

E.g. going "aiyahhh" after you end a call with someone, or "aiyohhh" in the car after you decide to leave Place A for Place B?

I feel like I've been making a series of bad decisions, or at least less-than-ideal decisions.

Went "aiyahhh" after getting off the phone with another lawyer twice today.

Sometimes I ask myself, "When will this learning end?"

I want to be a real professional, a problem-solver, someone who feels like she makes the right decisions all the time.

We talked about this last Friday at Young Adults CG - about what it must have been like for Adam and Eve before the Fall. 

They were completely secure - they knew what they had been created for, no scrambling around in the dark trying to discover their purpose in life.

They were certainly significant - they knew what they meant to God, and they knew what God meant to them. No need to try to be somebody or something in life, because they were already everything to God and to each other.

They were utterly accepted - no need to try to gain anybody's acceptance because they were already accepted by God and each other.

No need to "learn from mistakes" or "grow in character", because God provided all that they needed and assured them of all that they were.

We lost everything after the Fall. We became creatures constantly seeking a sense of security, significance, acceptance. 

Look at your own life, and you'll know it's true. 

Only in Christ can we find true freedom, because only in Christ is everything restored. 

I am secure - I cannot be separated from the love of God (Romans 8:35-39). I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18).

I am significant - I am God’s workmanship, created for good works (Ephesians 2:10). I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! (Philippians 4:13)

I am accepted - I am God’s child (John 1:12). I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15).


I am 
COMPLETE 
in Christ. 
(Colossians 2:10)

No comments: