Wednesday 30 May 2012

"blessings".

The youth are putting up a musical, "Homer".

Come one, come all.
It's good. Really. =)


I really love musicals. I love musicals to bits.

So I've watched the thing three times. (two rehearsals, one preview)

Every time I watch it, the song that moves me the most is "Blessings", by Laura Story.

I'd never heard of the song before the musical, but it's just one of those songs that make your ears perk.









The song begins with "We pray for blessings".

But take time to study the lyrics, especially the pre-chorus onwards. It'll mean so much more to you. Here's the chorus. =)


'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops?
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life
are Your mercies in disguise?



Story behind the song:








It was just us investigating this idea:
Could God possibly be blessing us,
through not giving us what we asked for?

Even though we do have more questions than answers at this point of time,
I do know this:

That there is a blessedness that comes
through waiting on the Lord.

There's an intimacy in our walk with the Lord
that comes through walking through that valley.

There's a reliance on His Word that we only know...
...when everything else in life fades away.

And so in that sense,
I truly feel like I am blessed.

1 comment:

ling said...

i love that song too! :) playing it over and over in the car. sets our perspective right when we are surrounded by difficulties.