Monday 12 March 2012

DMSJ 2012.

188744_1310327056338_1775469403_571780_3209715_n

DMSJ 2011.

 

188744_1310327056338_1775469403_571780_3209715_n DMSJ 2012.

 

 

After 9 years…

 

We won.

 

Not that we’d have died without it,

but we screamed like mad anyway.

Because it was just so unbelievable.

 

Not because we didn’t believe in our contestants,

but because it’s been too long since we last held the cup.

 

Congratulations,

Celine, Joel, Ken (this is my youngest brother whee!).

 

Good job training them,

Derk!

 

And…

all together now:

 

Day 1 1

 

Kinda helps me understand how the Israelites felt when they were finally redeemed from slavery in Egypt after 400 years.

Haha.

Some people wonder why I will break a leg and an arm to be there at DMSJ.

Maybe it’s partly due to the fact that I was there at the very first quiz,

when it was still DMS, and not DMSJ.

The year 2000.

I hated being there actually.

I hated the games,

the Fellowship Night.

Mostly because I’m useless on land (still am),

and because I can’t act to save my life.

But by and by, I began to love the people I only saw once a year.

People from Johor,

Shah Alam,

and even Malacca.

Because Malaccans in PJ and KL don’t come home anymore.

We’re always in different places the rest of the year,

but this one day in the year,

we come together and worship in one place.

To me, that is what DMSJ is all about.

Who cares about falling down while trying to get a ping pong ball over to the other side during a telematch game?

Who cares about public announcing to the world that I can’t act via my lousy acting?

Ok, maybe I care.

*self-conscious*

But what are those in comparison to the blessings I receive by simply being there at DMSJ?

DMSJ is not about events and activities,

it’s about the people.

If I can’t fellowship with fellow Christians on earth,

what’s life in heaven going to be like for me?

As much as we are still earthly beings,

I think our earthly lives should reflect as much of our heavenly lives as possible.

After all,

isn’t that what being a Christian is all about?

Anyway,

DMSJ 2012 may be the last in the DMSJ series.

So I’m glad I went.

Haha. =)

3 comments:

Neshi said...

Congratulations to your brother :) Well done :)

Stefienoki said...

Congratz Hwei!!!! Happy for u and your fellow church members! ^^

hwei said...

=D