Monday 11 July 2011

footstool players.

Taken from their site.


I've always enjoyed their performances - clever lines, the absence of soppy unnecessary romantic scenes/lines, fast pace (unlike Korean & Taiwan dramas which I find very irritating), and the frequent organized multiple personality disorders. =D

Lame lines from yesterday:

A: There was a hole in the pot.
B: A pot hole!

Cracked Pot: Let me just sit here and decompose. From clay I came, to clay I shall return. SOB.

Person: Mould me into the image of Your Son, God.
God: Okay. *gets chisel ready*
Person: Wait! Aren't You a carpenter?
God: That's my Son.


And as always, they finished with an impactful skit - one that dealt with something I've always struggled with. Two years ago, I wondered what I would be without my music. That was probably one of the reasons why I didn't want to go to a church whose people knew I could play the piano. Because I wanted to see if I could be something by just being me, instead of being what I do.

Why church? Why not go on this journey of discovery elsewhere?

Because it's a bit difficult to not be defined by what you do in a place where you are precisely what you do. I.e. school.

Anyway.

After three years in PJGH, I've found that I can still be someone even without being a pianist. But now I'm a pianist again, and I've often found myself slipping back into that mindset - the one where I forget that what I do is just a part of who I am, and not the other way around.

Yesterday was a good reminder. 

And it just occurred to me that I haven't brushed my teeth.

Haha!

No comments: