Wednesday 9 June 2010

Why we try.

You were born into this family without you saying you wanted to, and you're stuck with it.

You should try to resolve whatever issues you have with your family for that reason alone.

If you don't, it's okay. Like Gramps Michael said: You won't go to hell. You'll just go through hell.

The bottom-line is:

You're stuck with your family. Period.

But you choose your spouse. 

You fell in love somehow, then you decided to get married. 

To love or not to love - we say that is the question. Because with your spouse, you made a choice.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I wondered why God stuck with us.

To love or not to love - that should have been the question for Him too. Because He had a choice. Because He chose us, and we messed up. 



What is man that You are mindful of him,
the son of man that You care for him? 

Psalm 8:4, New International Version

Why do you bother with us?
Why take a second look our way?  

Psalm 8:4, The Message


I like the Psalms. I think they're very realistic. Those were good questions, don't you think?

I look around and I see the frailty of man. Four people have told me I'm a cynical person. What is cynical? My English teacher answered, "As if having lost all hope in mankind."

Someone asked me what I would do to save the world, and I answered: "The world cannot be saved."

When I said that, I suppose I was telling God that He was a fool to bother with us. In an age where couples split when they think they don't love each other anymore, or when the other messes up, I suppose I did think He was a fool.

I told Grandma EP yesterday, and she said, "You should've said, 'the world is already saved'." 

When she said that, it was like God saying, "Yeah, I'm a fool, the greatest fool that ever lived. But I stuck with My decision to hold onto mankind, and now you're stuck with Me."

I continue to observe men and women around me fall everyday. Many times, I am one of them.

But the bottom-line is:

When all else falls away,
there is One who would rather be a fool,
than to let me go.
And it ain't a fool's dream to think that.

5 comments:

mau said...

if this was posted in facebook, i would have... *click like*..

Yeah, I'm a fool, the greatest fool that ever lived. But I stuck with My decision to hold onto mankind

I like those words alot. I want to be a fool for Him too... hahaha.. that didn't came out all right rite? >.<

saun said...

nah can't be as bad as 'God is the greatest fool to ever live, and forever will be."

But i'm juz thankful for that.

Me-lvin said...

One word:






D
E
E
P

hwei said...

[Adrian] =) That sounded just fine. Most people already think we're fools. Ahaha!

[Shaun] =)

[Melvin] =D

Anonymous said...

wow.. impressive! A fool ain't a fool at all..