Saturday 16 May 2009

chinese-ed kampung kids.

(in the Children's Hour)

i place myself under an oath that by jumping jellybeans those kids are nakal beyond nakal.

in mgc,

nakal \'na-kal\

= jumping on tables + pews + chairs; jumping from tables + pews + chairs onto the floor (the WOODEN floor); screaming at the top of one's lungs for no apparent reason (just cuz); showing the third finger; running out of class onto the road and into another kampung for more than an hour; kicking and pinching someone else during class; tearing up the worksheet one is supposed to complete; cutting up the worksheet one is supposed to complete; drawing on the teacher's bottle with a marker pen; sneaking the church stamp out of the cabinet; colouring the bottom of the stamp with a marker pen; stamping the bulletin board with the coloured stamp dll.


oh, they were so nakal.

watching them wreak havoc in the corporate class before my session made me pray (involuntarily),

God. Save me.


not even help. i jumped right to save.


The Israelites said to Samuel,
"Don't turn a deaf ear to us!
Don't stop crying to the LORD our God for us!
Ask Him to save us from the Philistines!"

1 Samuel 7:8


But the Israelites said to the LORD,
"We have sinned. Do to us whatever you please.
Only save us this day."

Judges 10:15


that kind of save.

but today i watched them misspell 'sarah' (saapf) and 'baby' (baat) don't ask me to explain, and look up at me saying, "lao shi! wan liao!" (teacher! finish d!) with uber-proud-in-myself smiles.

and i couldn't help but think that they were so cute.

i think all kids were made to be adorable. it's their nature. they just can't help it.

it's just that sometimes their nakal-ness makes their adorableness so hard to notice.

ah, i must be going crazy. mgc-ians will stone me for insanity.


but i can't teach them again that soon.
i need to recuperate.
i think i lost my voice.
*tries to sing but croaks instead*


thank You, God. You saved me.

No comments: